A Ruger pistol in 32 cal?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
To be viable as a defense cartridge, a .32 caliber would need to get around 1200 fps with a 100 gr. bullet.

If I were to design such a cartridge, I would shorten the .30 carbine case to about 1.125'' and load to a pressure of about 30K.

The advantage would be less recoil for people who have problems handling the 9MM. 8)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
mohavesam said:
1.No one is lining up wanting to be shot with a 32ACP slug.
Well, no one is lining up to be shot by a .25 ACP or, even and air pistol for that matter. Within reason, more power is better if the pistol is still concealable.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I can always have my P32 and a reload at the ready, no matter what I'm wearing, the weather, or what I'm doing at the time. Not many guns I can say that about.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I really like my Wahlter PP .32 ACP. Its flatter than most any of the newer designed pistols on the market. I do wish that I could find more potent loads in the caliber.

It seems the PP is easier to find in .32 ACP that in .380 ACP. But that might be a result of the foreign police trade-in PP .32's that were dumped on the market about 20 years ago.

5of7

Hunter
Ruger Packer said:
I really like my Wahlter PP .32 ACP. Its flatter than most any of the newer designed pistols on the market. I do wish that I could find more potent loads in the caliber.

It seems the PP is easier to find in .32 ACP that in .380 ACP. But that might be a result of the foreign police trade-in PP .32's that were dumped on the market about 20 years ago.

As a handloading proposition, one necessarily needs to preceed with caution beause the case is so small.

I have a Sig P230 in .32 ACP and a 95 gr. SWC, 2.5 grs. AA2, F100, 0.93 OAL, produces 853 fps.

I have loaded the 60 Gr. XTP in this gun to velocities over 1000 fps, but as a defense load, I would opt for a heavier bullet, so when I carry it....which is not so much...I have it loaded with the 95 gr. SWC load cited above. 8)

Also....you may want to slug your bore as some of the European guns have smaller bores than expected...My Sig has a .309" groove diameter.