Another SR45 and SR9c Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lawman543

Bearcat
I just purchased two Rugers, a SR45 and SR9c. I already own a LC9 with Galloway trigger set up. I've been a GLOCK man for many years, usually carrying .40, being in law enforcement. I sold my personal G23 and accessories because I wanted to go to the 9mm. I still carry a .40 on duty, but have found that as I'm getting older and have a touch of tendinitis in my elbow, the .40 is not as fun to shoot after a day at the range. New ballistic and medical studies have shown that new generation 9mm ammo has much better ballistics than in the past, yada, yada, yada; blah, blah, blah. So I switched, but also wanted a 45 for the night stand.

Not much to report that others haven't already; fairly good trigger, great ergonomics and feel. I had previously removed the magazine safety and did a trigger job by polishing the contact points. The SR45 shot like a 9mm which impressed me, but after 100 rounds, I began to feel it a bit, but nowhere like a .40. Had no malfunctions whatsoever. I seemed to be shooting a little high with both. I shot between 30 and 50 feet (as far as the indoor range extended) so I expected my groups to be pretty small. Windage was pretty dead on. I adjusted the elevation on the rear sights a bit and that seemed to help but I wonder as others have observed if the curved top of the front sight and rear sights may have been causing me to aim a bit high. I'm used to flat sights. Thought about getting a fiber optic or night front sight that is flat, but don't know if that will help with the still curved rear sights. Still confident that they would be accurate at 25 yards.

Bottom line, I really like these pistols and am happy with my purchase.

snowdevil23

Bearcat
thats good to here of no failures like the early ones , just run brand name ammo and you wont have any issues. the sr45 is a great gun. so much that i think im going to get another one in black this time. its a great carry gun also. carry both my ruger 1911 commander and the sr but prefer the sr for the weight difference .( about a half a pound ) there on sale here in CT.

animal

Bearcat
Glad to hear. I've had mine for a year now and I can't complain about it. It's worked awesome for me.

Altered

Bearcat
Ruger must have put some 45 buying stuff in the water. I just bought a SR45 as well. I haven't took mine out yet but sure am looking forward to. Congrats on your buy. I have been looking at the idea of polishing the contact points as well. I just need to find some real clear pics of exactly what to do, and not to do.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I have both pistols and really enjoy shooting them both. They are reliable and accurate, and very comfortable to shoot.