Ruger Mark II, SS with 10" barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevehandley

Bearcat
Hello. I am new to this Forum; but not new to Ruger. I have owned several over the years and have been very satisfied with all of them...Today I picked up a Stainless Steel, Mark II from 1985, according to the serial #.
It is SS, has the hard rubber grips, appears to be set up for target &/or completion with a wide trigger, adjustable rear sights; and is overall a great looking gun. The strange thing is it has a 10', bull barrel making it look much like a Buntline Special. I don't seem to be able to find much on this gun except that ruger added them to their Mark II line in 1984(?)...One other interesting point is that the lettering on the barrel and the ser# are all in Red. Does anyone have any info on this piece....? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to the Forum, yes , you have one of the nice MK IIs, and kinda scarce in the 10 inch barrel,though Ruger offered like 7 different barrels lengths. yours probably has the #19 prefix for that era and they went up to around #221 prefix in the long, one piece yellow and black cardboard boxes, then into the grey plastic case till they discontinued that model ...great shooters and the folks that have them ,seldom seem to ever sell them, we see very few at any of the shows. As for the red lettering, most likely done "aftermarket" over the years Bonanza offered colors in white ,gold , and red to fill in the logos, rollmarks and serial numbers, and all it takes is a bit of acetone on a Q-tip and it comes right out if you do not like it. Good luck, and enjoy shooting it, they are very accurate.

you're welcome, and hopefully Chet15 may pop in with better ,"updated" info, and as for prices, one of them things that is very subjective, and because they are NO LONGER available to some they are like the sun,moon and stars, way up there....but I've seen them around here, the stainless version ,pushing well into the $500 range and they SELL !!!
heard of one at a garage sale recently ,my buddy bought it for $200.... :shock: ( I offered him "double" and he just smiled) :roll:

Robes

Single-Sixer
I have that exact same Ruger. I originally bought it for my dad for home protection back in the mid 80's, but he gave it back to me when he felt he was too old to safely handle it (that and they moved to safer environments). I carry it in a holster on my hip (and leg) for critter control. It is definitely no a quick draw item,... but it does have that reach out and touch ability. It also gets a lot of attention at the range..... I have never seen another one ......

stevehandley

Bearcat
Does anyone have an idea of the value of one of these in today's market. I have one that is in near mint condition that I might consider selling. I described it above earlier...and I will add some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it...!
Thanks in advance for your comments and assistance.