LC9s has a SWEET trigger!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A buddy of mine recently acquired a new LC9s. As the title states, this is a sweet gun with a sweet trigger.

Looks like Ruger finally put out 2 guns I like. The SR9E and LC9s

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
It does appear that Ruger gets it, at least sometimes. I wonder how long they will offer the hammer fired LC9 after this rollout.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Saw the first 9E yesterday afternoon at my local gun shop for $359. The price point is going to blow some of the lower quality makers that have dominated the $400ish range of full sized pistols out of the water.

A Taurus PT 24/7 wasn't far away in the case. Very similar in size and $100 more expensive, sorry Taurus but I don't think anyone in the know would claim Taurus produces nearly as good build quality compared to Ruger. They really need a compact 9e as has been said.

About the lc9 how many pounds does it pull at?

pahlrs

Bearcat
I too recently purchased an LC9s and found the trigger was a BIG improvement over my LC9. However, has anyone else here had problems with reassembly and positioning of the new captured guide-rod-assembly with it's captured spring. I can't seem to to it consistently (even given manual instructions and using recommended UPSIDE DOWN technique). This really detracts me from the pleasure of shooting the new short-crisp trigger pull !

Rei40c said:
About the lc9 how many pounds does it pull at?

Didn't have a trigger gauge but it was considerably lighter in comparison to the standard LC9. It was VERY light. The word crisp may even be usable. It broke consistently.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I am going to sell my LC9 and get a "S" model. Tell me this . . . is the striker at full set when cocked or partial with the trigger completing rearward movement?

Come again? Not familiar with half cock or full cock on a striker pistol. the technical stuff. Never took it apart. It shoots good though. Its a light consistent trigger pull and breaks cleanly and consistently every time.

modrifle3

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Come again? Not familiar with half cock or full cock on a striker pistol. the technical stuff. Never took it apart. It shoots good though. Its a light consistent trigger pull and breaks cleanly and consistently every time.

Ok .... Good to hear it shoots well!

Rei40c

Blackhawk
modrifle3 said:
I am going to sell my LC9 and get a "S" model.

A friend is doing the same thing, course the problem you guys will run into is the value of the old one went down a bit with the introduction of the new LC9 I think. Who'd buy the old system? I'd have to wonder.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
That's one thing I wonder about. I have noticed that Brownell's and Midway are out of stock/no back order on most LC9 parts. Are owners of the older model going to be left high and dry?

modrifle3

Buckeye
I got nothing in mine so the first $200 that comes along will have it.

Not worried about parts. Ruger replaces any firearm they can not fix.

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
pahlrs said:
I too recently purchased an LC9s and found the trigger was a BIG improvement over my LC9. However, has anyone else here had problems with reassembly and positioning of the new captured guide-rod-assembly with it's captured spring. I can't seem to to it consistently (even given manual instructions and using recommended UPSIDE DOWN technique). This really detracts me from the pleasure of shooting the new short-crisp trigger pull !

I have (2) LC9 guns and just got the LC9s. I shoot revolvers so the long trigger pull doesn't bother me. I figure in a stressful situation, the fine motor skills are out the window anyway. Its going to be yank and crank. I like the trigger and reset A LOT. I will keep my LC9 hammer guns just because I like them for trigger discipline. I found myself shooting 1911's a while back and LOST my trigger discipline because you can get away with a lot of bad habits with a nice single action trigger.

The striker on the LC9s is at full cock when the gun is in battery. The sear rotates to release the striker. This is what give the gun the nice
trigger pull. I think any shorter trigger stroke would no be appropriate for a carry gun.

I got used to assembling the guide rod in the gun. It is very easy now. Maybe the rounds I put thru the gun helped settle things in.

Just my observations so far.

Hip Shot

Fatdaddy

Single-Sixer
I think I'm going to get one after the recall.....(JK).

but seriously they should sell like hotcakes.
The LC9 is a great size for IWB as it's a little smaller and melted feeling than the Shield.
I sold mine because I just couldn't or didn't take the time to adjust to the DAO trigger, everything else I loved.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
Fatdaddy said:
The LC9 is a great size for IWB as it's a little smaller and melted feeling than the Shield.
I sold mine because I just couldn't or didn't take the time to adjust to the DAO trigger, everything else I loved.

Same here. I just couldn't stand that long DA trigger pull! My LC9s is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
I got my LC9s Tuesday but didn't get around to shooting it today. I ran 14rds of 115gr WWB, 14rds of 115gr Remington FMJ and 14rds of Federal 115gr Hydro-Shok hp's. I wasn't shooting for a group just some 4"x8" steel targets at 10 yards. Sights are awesome for such a small pistol and I had no trouble dinging the target with every shot. Pistol ran perfect without any malfunctions and man does it ever have a sweet trigger!! I'm really tickled with my purchase and will be carrying it soon.

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
Just fondled my first one yesterday. Understand that my finger knows only 'duty' and service guns and their triggers. Though I've shot well-worked 1911's a time or two, the top TWO triggers on modern service autos have been the Walther PPQ and the Caracal. Again, I am talking out-of-the-box, unmodified.

The LC9s made me GUSH, I tell you. I had absolutely NO disturbance of the sight-picture, and a beautiful let-off. No sproing-nor twang in any way, as with Glock, or Shield. I am smitten, I truly am. The ONLY THING left wanting now, is the lack of stainless steel. But, that trigger is the cat's ARSE, I tell you!