Saints Arms trigger kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armyvet

Bearcat
I've been trying to find the Saints Arms trigger kit for my LC380, without success. The listing on Ebay is closed and I can't find the company on the 'net. Does anyone know where I can get this kit? Would appreciate any help...

robkarrob

Bearcat
The person selling the kits will relist the kit, when he gets supply. Seems he has a certain number made, then when he runs out, has more made. There has been about 3 weeks between out and back in stock. Just search eBay every few days for "lc9 trigger kit". When they are back for sale, they kit will show up in the first few results.

Bob

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
robkarrob said:
The person selling the kits will relist the kit, when he gets supply. Seems he has a certain number made, then when he runs out, has more made. There has been about 3 weeks between out and back in stock. Just search eBay every few days for "lc9 trigger kit". When they are back for sale, they kit will show up in the first few results.

Bob

Does "fly by night" ever get spoken in this? Jesus, what the heck else can be put in a functioning gun? One guy needs your parts to modify and the other makes his parts when he gets enough orders, do you see anything strange here? This is just nuts.

robkarrob

Bearcat
Not so, you don't get pre-orders and sell them on eBay. This is a college guy, studying Engineering and also working, so he doesn't devote full time to the trigger kits. He made the design and has the units made for him. He has 100 kits made, he sells them, and then he has another 100 sets made. He does not have the funds to get 500 or 1000 kits made. He has to put up several thousand dollars to get the 100 kits made, and on a college budget, that is all he can get made at one time. Plus at the low price he sells them for ($35), he is making very little profit. I don't personally know him, but I have spoke to him by phone and exchanged emails. I told him to raise the price, as it was too low compared to the Galloway kit. I said he needs to make more profit to succeed. He said he was keeping the price low so that more kits get on the market and the buyers will give good reviews and help increase the sales.

So it is not " by night fly by night" and not junk, as I have the kit and it is a quality manufactured product, well machined and heat treated.

Bob

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
...and you wait? Or you buy a mod using your excisting parts that are then sent in to some guy and that's not fly by night?

So if this stuff doesn't work, what next? You dump money into a gun that gives no additional value and what next?

... and why would anyone buy a gun that they feel sucks in the first place? ...and what kind of guy preys on them?

robkarrob

Bearcat
Well with all the negativity, I see some people don't believe in making improvements to their gun or guns, and don't think others should be doing it. And they must be gunsmiths and make all their own parts, as they don't trust the parts made by others. Who am I to try to change their minds. So I give up and I will tear out all my improvements to my gun, because they won't or don't work, or might break, or just plain will screw up the gun!!!! :) :D
Bob

dbracing

Bearcat
I sent him a question through EBay and asked to be notified when they were back in stock. I got the email and ordered the kit.

After installation, the trigger pull is shorter and feels smoother. So far, I have about 500 rounds through it and am satisfied with the performance and have confidence in its' reliability.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
not every start-up situation is fly by night. with that mentality John Browning would not have a chance! just investigate and be careful.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
pjvrefugee said:
not every start-up situation is fly by night. with that mentality John Browning would not have a chance! just investigate and be careful.

John Browning had a gun shop that you could walk into. He had some inventory and people that had the capability to build some of his designs on a larger scale bought those designs and they in turn built them into a working finished product.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
robkarrob said:
Well with all the negativity, I see some people don't believe in making improvements to their gun or guns, and don't think others should be doing it. And they must be gunsmiths and make all their own parts, as they don't trust the parts made by others. Who am I to try to change their minds. So I give up and I will tear out all my improvements to my gun, because they won't or don't work, or might break, or just plain will screw up the gun!!!! :) :D
Bob

Bob I don't care what you do with your gun at all.

You are a billboard for sticking stuff into a inexpensive carry gun and that just seems like a complete waste of time and money. What's the point? Are you going to turn 5" groups shot at 21' into 3" groups at the same distance?

We've had guys on this forum make claims and make proclamations about the benefits of putting another 30, 40, 150 dollars into a gun that will probably never be shot for what its intended for and I ask why. I wonder why a steel guiderod is going to make a little plastic gun far more accurate. Is it going to be a better gun after this really? Is sending a part out to someone and having them massage it and having you stick said part back in that gun really turn you, the person responsible for what the gun does, into a better shooter? It's a carry gun full of compromise and little parts that work or you would hope and playing with it isn't going to make it better, it probably will make it worse in some aspect or another.

In the last two weeks I saw an LCP launch it's barrel and slide downrange because the owner made it better and a Glock 21 not fire because a guy bought $150 dollars worth of parts that made it better.
...and a Glock 30 that blew up because some drop in parts made the gun capable of firing out of battery and I'm sure it's a lot better but his hand isn't because it looks like it went through a meatgrinder and then was hit with a sledge hammer a couple of times.

About the only thing I preach is to learn to shoot and to take care of what you shoot and try and not shoot someone else while you're at it.

groberts

Single-Sixer
I ordered his $35 kit a while ago off eBay. It came in a day or two. I inspected it and looked like very good quality. I installed it and it works fine.
Bob, there are a few people on this forum who just aren't happy unless they can put someone down. They want everyone to know they are the experts.

robkarrob

Bearcat
Yes I am aware there are those that want to preach their beliefs, and they are always right. It is always one sided and they never admit that maybe others may have something to contribute, that differs from their opinion. Then they explain how dangerous it could be, and go on to say what terrible results they have "seen" or heard about. Never will they admit that those changes might work and might make the gun better, as they are against changes.

We can all recognize these three types of gun owners: #1. will never change their gun, the manufacturer designed it and the manufacturer knows best. They will tell everyone to not mess with their perfectly good gun. #2 doesn't like certain aspects of their gun, they are not against changes and would like to make changes to their gun, but do not because they worry they might screw it up. Both #1 and #2 might change sights and other simple changes, but they will not do anything with the inner workings of the gun. #3 doesn't like something about their gun and will do what they can to improve the gun to their liking, whether they do the work or have someone else do it for them.

No one will ever find a post from me that told others to make changes to their guns. My posts are to advise what I have done to my guns, and how it was done. Those that ask questions, I will answer if able. But unlike gun owner #1 above, I will not try to impose my beliefs about what other should do.

How is this trigger pull, for a LC9? Did all the work myself, using a Galloway modified hammer only. The over-travel stop might look crude, but it works perfectly. My gun is as reliable as any stock LC9. If you can make changes to a SD gun, that allows you to shoot it better, then you have made that a better SD gun. With this trigger pull I can easily get three accurate shots off faster than I could get two inaccurate shots off, before the modifications.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6fUiErOGdA

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Calling Bob a billboard was hardly much of a putdown. If you look at his history here it is almost only about modifying an LC9, sorry but that's a billboard. I'm not here selling anything and will never sell something on this forum. I love shooting and everything about shooting guns for the pleasure of it. I do it a lot and if that makes me an expert, I'm truly sorry that you are hurt by that.

I have an idea groberts, let's say you have an LC9 and you stick all these mods into it and you drop it one day and it fires and someone gets hurt, who gets in trouble, who gets sued? Do any of these guys making these parts guarantee that their parts won't cause any built in drop safeties to not function correctly anymore? Has any of these guys had their parts tested in the same manner that Ruger or any other gun company would? So who gets sued g?

modrifle3

Buckeye
I initially purchased the Galloway and this kit but based on everything I read and could see I did not install either. It's important with either to use a trigger with a stop to avoid trigger bar breaking. I thought the Galloway better in the appearance of quality.

I will be interested to see if the St bars hold up because Galloways kits have proven to be troublesome.

robkarrob

Bearcat
As I said they preach and preach, list all kinds of possible problems, and quote all the horrible results they have witnessed or heard about, real or not. What does that say about them? They are the only ones with knowledge, or was that perceived knowledge. If this doesn't meet the description of a #1, I don't know what does.

As I said it works and performs perfectly, and is a safe as any stock LC9.

Signing out of this thread and goodbye to those that have too much cheese between the ears..

Bob

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Well it looks like Billboard Bob has left this thread. I would now like to point out that my number of modified guns probably out numbers his by 20 to 1 or more.

...and adding the number of guns that I have helped the owner get to where he wanted them is in the hundreds.

I just don't find a reason to fix something that isn't broken with a little pistol like an LC9, if it shoots and all the safeties work and you practice enough, it should do as intended.

...and Bob doesn't like that opinion, so what?

You will not win any shooting competitions with these guns no matter how much you put into it and you just may make it unsafe to carry at any given point but it is Bob's gun so he can put a railroad spike as a front sight for all I care. I really mean that but I will call out any advertiser when I sense either lack of sensible knowledge or just a plain old snake oil salesman. There are many that come here or elsewhere for knowledge and they shouldn't be subjected to a sales pitch. The internet sucks enough as it is.