Saints Arms trigger kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
Yeah the trigger stop was uhhhhh .... Interesting ... Yeah that's the word.

To each his own but there are numerous issues with changing the LC9 trigger geometry. It can be tweaked but Galloway pushed it to far and made it less reliable. That's fact. Their recoil spring looses length making the gun fail to function. This is fact.

Saint Arms ... Only time will tell. Nothing wrong with test and tune but don't take it personally.

revhigh

Hawkeye
robkarrob said:
As I said it works and performs perfectly, and is a safe as any stock LC9.

Bob

Yeah ... That might be true .... Until it's not .....

Galloway stuff worked great too .... Until it didn't ....

And you have absolutely no idea about that hack job's safety ... I guarantee you didn't drop your gun 1000 times from all different heights ... Or pound it on concrete at 50 different angles like major gun companies do in their testing.

Good luck with it .... Hope you don't hurt anybody or yourself ....

I wouldn't touch a gun with a trigger stop butchered into the frame like that with 10 cent nuts and bolts .... Just total amateur work ...

If you can't afford a gun that functions as you want it to out of the box .... Save up a little more money until you CAN afford the right gun.

REV

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
This is the only one, of five gun forums I go to regularly that I have ver figured I'd leave. I stopped coming here a while back because of the nasty attitude smart-a++ comments from a few posters. Decided I'd come back, see what was up with my Rugers. Never mind. I'll find out somewhere else.

modrifle3

Buckeye
freedomcosts said:
This is the only one, of five gun forums I go to regularly that I have ver figured I'd leave. I stopped coming here a while back because of the nasty attitude smart-a++ comments from a few posters. Decided I'd come back, see what was up with my Rugers. Never mind. I'll find out somewhere else.

Not sure to who it's directed, but for some reason people are obsessed with these trigger kits on the LC9 but refuse to admit that most are by companies that do not properly test their products and failure rates can be high.

The LC9 is a cheap little pistol that works as is, but these companies prey on the desire buyers have for a better gun they can't afford.

As some one who prides themself on quality work I don't like to see people butcher a gun, but it's not my gun. Also too many people get their feelings hurt too easily.

revhigh

Hawkeye
freedomcosts said:

Do whatever you want ... there's always people who threaten to leave ... announce that they're leaving ... and then post hundreds of times after they threatened to leave ...blah blah blah ... If you want to leave .... JUST STOP POSTING ... no need to announce your intentions or attempt to create drama ...enjoy your other 4 forums.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
modrifle3 said:
freedomcosts said:

The LC9 is a cheap little pistol that works as is, but these companies prey on the desire buyers have for a better gun they can't afford.

Exactly ... these LC whatevers are Little Cheap Pistols ... they'll never be anything else ...accept that ... and live with that ... and stop butchering these little guns ... and stop listening to the snake oil salesmen.

If you need a better gun ... BUY a better gun FIRST.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I find it amazing that there are gun companies that can come up with designs for these little carry 9mm guns that work almost every time. I don't think some people can appreciate how hard it is to mass produce a tiny gun that shoots a typically large frame/compact frame cartridge and send them out and they are reliable. It is a testament to very good engineering methods.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Cheesewhiz said:
I find it amazing that there are gun companies that can come up with designs for these little carry 9mm guns that work almost every time. I don't think some people can appreciate how hard it is to mass produce a tiny gun that shoots a typically large frame/compact frame cartridge and send them out and they are reliable. It is a testament to very good engineering methods.

They are very well made and Ruger has tested hundreds of geometric setups to make that pistol safe and reliable. These people that sell these kits have no real R&D to back their product. When I said cheap I meant in price point not quality. However low price point attracts a budgeted buyer.

Someone buys a $300 gun for several reasons.

1. It's what I can afford.

2. It's all I need. Or

3. A deal is a deal.

2 and 3 usually don't care, but a good part of 1s buy these parts to try and make the gun better.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
modrifle3 said:
They are very well made and Ruger has tested hundreds of geometric setups to make that pistol safe and reliable. These people that sell these kits have no real R&D to back their product.

There is definitely a larger than cottage industry of people making drop in or fitted parts for many different guns out there. It's amazing all the stuff you can buy to stuff into a Glock.
I always give my Glockaholic friends crap about it. "If a Glock is so great how come there are 50 pages of parts to stick in them in a MidwayUSA catalog just to make them better"? Glocks are a fine gun it just makes it pretty funny for me.

I own more than my fair share of CZ's and on a good portion of the range only guns I have removed the firing pin block, it makes the trigger a bit less clunky and also makes the reset a little quicker but as I said they are range only guns.
If I was to drop any of these guns with the safety off and a round in the chamber, they have a chance of firing, it may be a small chance but it is a chance.

This can be said to be possible with just about any gun that has parts of it's firing group modified. Why would someone want to carry a loaded pistol that has this as a possibility?

...and with little pistols this is far more likely. What were larger edges are now little edges, a large radius is now smaller, hooks have less contact, springs and slides and stuff that moves have less range of motion and this is before anyone has done ay modifications to these guns.

Have a nice day guys, I'm going shooting!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
modrifle3 said:
They are very well made and Ruger has tested hundreds of geometric setups to make that pistol safe and reliable. These people that sell these kits have no real R&D to back their product.

...and with little pistols this is far more likely. What were larger edges are now little edges, a large radius is now smaller, hooks have less contact, springs and slides and stuff that moves have less range of motion and this is before anyone has done ay modifications to these guns.
!
robkarrob said:
As I said it works and performs perfectly, and is a safe as any stock LC9.

Bob

Great post Cheese ... The above mentioned facts are what the typical kitchen table gunsmith never even considers. They haven't thought it through ... Have zero engineering background, and usually even less mechanical aptitude, and think just because the gun 'works' again ... That it's as functionally good as before. The reality of the situation is exactly the opposite though. They have NO IDEA if the gun is functionally equivalent ... And worse yet ... Have ZERO evidence of it being safe.

I have some lightly modified guns as well, range only as well, and in most cases for MY HANDS ONLY.

Some of these 'amateur gunsmiths' ... LOL ... modify the fire control system of guns with as little forethought as they'd use to modifying a pair of pliers .... And then they CARRY THAT GUN .... Duh ...

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
groberts said:
Isn't that special? :roll:

Yes, special indeed.

It will be even more special when someone sends their special gun back to Ruger or where ever else and they charge them some fair amount of change to get it back to "normal". I wonder what Ruger will charge someone to replace a frame with a hole in it and adds on the extra charge of a serial number transfer? That will be extra super special.

george preston

Single-Sixer
I don't understand modifying the LC series at all. They are what they are. I carry a LCP almost daily. Picked up a good pocket holster and put a CT laser on it. If I ever have to use it for it's intended purpose I'm 100% confident it will work. I knew the trigger pull was..... Long and heavy when I bought it .

revhigh

Hawkeye
george preston said:
I don't understand modifying the LC series at all. They are what they are. I carry a LCP almost daily. Picked up a good pocket holster and put a CT laser on it. If I ever have to use it for it's intended purpose I'm 100% confident it will work. I knew the trigger pull was..... Long and heavy when I bought it .

Well spoken from a man with some wisdom and maturity ...

REV

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Having recently spread my wings into other manufacturers, the fact these trigger kits even seem a necessity seems problematic to me in the sense that you can buy "good enough" or even great triggers out of the box. I won't mention which brands they are, many that are well known.

I sincerely don't mean to be rude, but if you've saved the ~$350 for an LC. There is no reason not to save the other $200 for a better firearm all around. And forgive me, but if you can't do that- you probably shouldn't be purchasing other firearms. Unless it is your only pistol, I totally understand that but otherwise spend the extra $200 would be my advice.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Rei40c said:
Having recently spread my wings into other manufacturers, the fact these trigger kits even seem a necessity seems problematic to me in the sense that you can buy "good enough" or even great triggers out of the box. I won't mention which brands they are, many that are well known.

I sincerely don't mean to be rude, but if you've saved the ~$350 for an LC. There is no reason not to save the other $200 for a better firearm all around. And forgive me, but if you can't do that- you probably shouldn't be purchasing other firearms. Unless it is your only pistol, I totally understand that but otherwise spend the extra $200 would be my advice.

Exactly !

REV