thnking of the LC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I just got back from the range today, after making a sight adjustment....it was shooting about 2-1/2" t the right at 40 ft.

It is now on the money and keeping the holes in 4" center to center at 40 feet, so taking aimed shots at reasonable ranges is quite feasible.

I credit the trigger for that. It is also very easy to carry concealed. Easier than the 642 Smith that I have been carrying.

I chronographed two magazines full of my handloads and was a little dis-appointed to find that it registered 1000 fps....a good 200 fps less than my full sized 9MM.

However I think that load will do it all right. 8)

ADDENDUM:

So, I slugged the barrel and I find that it has a groove diameter of .357" instead of .355. That, along with the .355" diameter bullets, explains why the velocity is a little lower than I would have expected.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
That makes sense. All my Ruger 9mm's had groove diameters a bit on the large side. I feed all my 9's .357 lead bullets and they do just great: Glock, Ruger, and Kel-Tec.

n5wd

Bearcat
groberts said:
Ruger Nut10 said:
$349 at "Grabaguns.com" today. LC9s
No such web site.

That's http://www.grabagun.com

Also, Bud's has oodles in stock, and the 9s is available for $351 with free shipping (for those of us in Texas who wish to avoid the added 8.25% sales tax).

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Lc9s&x=-167&y=-236

5of7

Hunter
I am now loading the Hornady 110 gr. XTP bullet with 7 grains of AA5 and the F100 primer seated to 1.04" OAL. Velocity is a tad over 1100 fps.

Since the XTP is the proper diameter for my barrel, it shoots better, coming in at 2-2.5" at 40 feet shooting an offhand, 2 hand grip.

The trigger reminds me of the '03 Springfield rifle and makes for some very good aimed shots at a reasonable distance.

I am liking this gun more with each passing day.... 8)