Ruger KP89 (Updated)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sinkhole

Bearcat
Hello all. So I went to my LGS last week and was browsing around. It's been a while since I was there. I wondered over to the used gun section as I always do. Gotta keep an eye out for a deal, you know. Well I took a snoop around for a few minutes and moved around the corner to the next glass case and there it was just sitting there looking all pretty and like new. I found this LNIB Ruger KP89 for $229.99. Well next day was my b-day so I called my wife and she said go ahead get it, it's your b-day present. My wife is soooo awesome!! So now I am the proud owner of a Ruger P-series. These pics don't do it justice, this gun is literally like brand new. I had it out to range yesterday and put 80 rounds of 115gr. FMJ through it with no hiccups. The picture of the target is an 8" target shot @ 25' and the 1st 10 rounds I fired through this gun.

IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0018-2.jpg

20140729_132131.jpg

Sinkhole

Bearcat
modrifle3 said:
Nice . . . still a darn pretty piece of hardware.
Yeah, not bad for a 21 old year gun. I swear it spent most, if not all, of it's life in a safe. Well it sure will get used now. I really like this gun a lot. I ordered a HIVIZ green front sight and will be ordering a set of Hogue checkered Coco Bolo wood grips soon. Just like the pic below.

85811L.jpg

Razor

Bearcat
Very nice!
Let us know how you like those grips, I've been thinking about thinking about the factory grips on my P85.
Just not sure what to replace them with.

Sinkhole

Bearcat
I will. I just dropped the slide off at my gunsmith for the front sight install. I should have that back tomorrow or Thursday. The grips should arrive Friday, and I'll probably get to the range on Tuesday or Wednesday.

roylt

Hunter
I like wood but on the P-guns I don't think it fits the look. I like the old uncle mikes that are black rubber. Look the same as the wood you show but black rubber. Of course those have been obsolete for years.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Sinkhole said:
modrifle3 said:
Nice . . . still a darn pretty piece of hardware.
Yeah, not bad for a 21 old year gun. I swear it spent most, if not all, of it's life in a safe. Well it sure will get used now. I really like this gun a lot. I ordered a HIVIZ green front sight and will be ordering a set of Hogue checkered Coco Bolo wood grips soon. Just like the pic below.

85811L.jpg

Those grips make it feel like a different gun in the hand. I had some on a P89 awhile back and took off the grips when I sold it. A P95 trigger will also make the trigger reach and pull a lot better as well.

Here it was. If I buy another, the trigger and grips are going on immediately.
vuep9PM.jpg

Sinkhole

Bearcat
Just searched the P95 trigger in the P89. Sounds like a great little mod. I will have to pic up a P95 trigger now.

roylt

Hunter
good luck. 95 triggers are getting hard to find. And people know this so they charge more. stinkers.

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
nice find and i don't mind the look of those wood grips.....welcome to the world of P-nuts!

gehart

Bearcat
Nice P89, I' like to run across one esp a deal like yours. I personally like the wood grips. I was not aware of the p95 trigger thing. I'm curious if the P95 trigger would work in a P90. I bought a P90DC years ago when they first came out I still own it and it's my bed room gun. The only change I made was after market grips which are better looking and more functional. Shortly after I got it something malfunctioned (don't remember what, old brain) and I mention that the accuracy was not what I expected. Sent back on their dime and it was returned in 2 weeks fixed with a new barrel. They include a test target shot a 25 yards from a ransom rest with winchester 230 gr ball 7shots measured 1 inch. I see no reason to ever let it go. By the way nice shooting.

modrifle3

Buckeye
P90 is an awesome gun. If I remember correctly the p95 trigger doesn't work in the 90 because of the revised trigger system. P90 is unique compared to the 85 89 and 91.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I just perchased a P90, I had one years ago great gun should have never sold it. I found mine at the LGS yesterday and it does not have a mark on it. I also Love that front sight, I may have to look into getting a sight like that. but only after I find a set of Hogue wood grips but smooth I don't like the checkering that was what I had on my old one that I sold.

Robes

Single-Sixer
Since reading this thread a couple of weeks ago I have been on the hunt for one. I went to the Gun and Knife show today and they had nothing. I'll watch GunBroker and visit some of the LGS in the area. I should run across one in the next few months. I like the Stainless slide and I do admit that the wood grips look nice.

Sinkhole

Bearcat
Yeah I'm just in crazy about it. It shoots so good and with the new sight and wood grips I like to just sit and admire it's pretty looks. It has that character the is so lacking on many newer guns.