LC9S is shipping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

96/44

Blackhawk
It looks like Ruger built the gun everybody was expecting from Glock. A striker fired LC9. They are shipping now, and showing up on Gunbroker already.

robkarrob

Bearcat
I just spoke to Ruger, and they are saying they currently do not offer a striker fired LC9, however the agent told me if they should introduce such a gun, it will first show up on their website, so keep checking the website. Why would he tell me this if it wasn't coming?

Bob

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just received a flyer on the LC9s from one of my distributors this morning. It's striker fired with a safety in the trigger, ala Glock. It uses all of the same accessories and holster of the LC9, including magazines. I then checked the Ruger website, nothing, which is not unusual. The flyer shows a chart indicating a much quicker trigger release than the LC9. The LC9s has a safety as well. Bob! :D

HoosierBilly

Bearcat
Ruger.com is actually showing now the LC9s...check this link.http://ruger.com/products/lcPistols/index.html

Also they have a Press Release article: http://ruger.com/news/2014-07-29a.html

robkarrob said:
I just spoke to Ruger, and they are saying they currently do not offer a striker fired LC9, however the agent told me if they should introduce such a gun, it will first show up on their website, so keep checking the website. Why would he tell me this if it wasn't coming?

Bob

Oath of secrecy. Letting the cat out of the bag early has spoiled a number of high visibility releases in the past. The person you spoke to is keeping the promise he made, all the way to the end.

WAYNO.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Ruger should have done this with the LC9 from the beginning.

...Curious that the new LC9S has both the Glock-style "safe-action" trigger and a manual safety. Might help in states like CA and MA, though...

modrifle3

Buckeye
I am looking for one now. I think this is perfect for the wife to keep in the bedside lockbox. Now the question is . . . should I have sold my LC9 a month ago. Its worth nothing now. LOL

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
ProfessorWes said:
Ruger should have done this with the LC9 from the beginning.

...Curious that the new LC9S has both the Glock-style "safe-action" trigger and a manual safety. Might help in states like CA and MA, though...

Should be MA compliant. Enough actions to shoot. CA requires the Loaded chamber indicator - Not on the LC9s.

Hip Shot

robkarrob

Bearcat
You can forget about converting the hammer fired LC9 to a striker fired gun. This involves substantial changes to the slide and lower components. The new LC9s internally is going to be very different, than the original LC9. I am surprised they were able to retain the same exterior shape and dimensions. The original LC9 had great ergonomics: size, shape, weight, felt recoil, but a poorly designed trigger pull. Ruger has apparently fixed the trigger with the new model, which was always the major complaint about the LC9.

Bob

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
robkarrob said:
You can forget about converting the hammer fired LC9 to a striker fired gun. This involves substantial changes to the slide and lower components. The new LC9s internally is going to be very different, than the original LC9. I am surprised they were able to retain the same exterior shape and dimensions. The original LC9 had great ergonomics: size, shape, weight, felt recoil, but a poorly designed trigger pull. Ruger has apparently fixed the trigger with the new model, which was always the major complaint about the LC9.

Bob

I beg to differ on the trigger pull being poor. From my talking to Ruger, they wanted a long revolver like trigger pull on the LC9. Thats what they got. The inner / outer trigger was added as an additional safety device due to the shorter striker trigger pull. IMHO.

Hip Shot

George

Blackhawk
Well I'm with some of you. I'm in a spot as my wife and I each have a LC9 so another LC9 is not going to fly. any other gun not so much of a issue with the wife she's good about it. Not going to sell one for another just learned not to do that over the years. When I was younger that's the only way I could swing it. Just kicked myself to many times doing that. I would sure like to try one out! I like the idea! But there are still going to be die hard Hammer fired guy's out there.. Ya I do think there value went down a bit for now but we will have to wait and see how well there liked.. I think a fair price could be had for a hammer fired LC9 in decent shape even now. IMO I think a fair price would be in the $225 range for a use one. Some may feel that's low I don't know. At least I like my LC9 and so does the wife! George

Ya know, the LC9 is what it is, or is what it was. A little bitty throw away gun that could be expected to operate satisfactorily when called upon. Then people that don't understand a DA gun whined about the DA trigger pull. I'm surprised that Ruger caved in and changed it to striker fired. My money would bet that folks will whine about the striker fired model, too. :wink: :mrgreen:

Your mileage may vary.

WAYNO. But what do I know.

modrifle3

Buckeye
My issue was not DA but rather the preset with no second strike but in reality in the real world you clear a misfire. I still prefer DA for carry.

Mike J

Hunter
I saw the LC9S for sale on slickguns.com today but I don't remember who the seller was. The price was $389 IIRC. I would expect prices to come down after it has been out for a while.

Latest posts