LC9S is shipping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gifford

Bearcat
And one arrived at my LGS/Range yesterday. My buddies and I had a good time fondling it and we concurred on the opinion that the example we tried had a great, great trigger. YMMV

Ky Bob

Bearcat
I ordered one online today for $321 shipped! Can't wait to try it out. I had the LC9 and just couldn't stand the long DA sold I sold it.

WelshAmerican

Bearcat
I have asked the folks at Ruger if they would ship a LC9s with the 9-round magazine instead of the 7-round one. I would prefer the greater capacity that 9+1 would afford me. It would be a big improvement over my 5-shot Ruger LCR in 38spl. No word back yet about their willingness to meet my request on this.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
WelshAmerican said:
I have asked the folks at Ruger if they would ship a LC9s with the 9-round magazine instead of the 7-round one. I would prefer the greater capacity that 9+1 would afford me. It would be a big improvement over my 5-shot Ruger LCR in 38spl. No word back yet about their willingness to meet my request on this.

I'm also replacing my Ruger LCR with the LC9s if it performs like it should. I carry mine in a ankle holster and I know the LC9 will weight a tad more but not enough to bother me. I didn't realize that Ruger made a 9rd mag for the LC9.

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
WelshAmerican said:

They sell them on Shop Ruger .com. By the way, I don't carry my LC9 with the extended magazine as it adds too much length to conceal effectively.

Hip Shot

WelshAmerican

Bearcat
ShopRuger charges $44.95 for the 9-round magazine, and it serves well in both LC9 and LC9s models.
That said, it's probably unwise to get something that HipShot has already found to be difficult to conceal.
Next question: Would a 9-round magazine carried separately be more difficult to conceal than a 7-round mag?

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
WelshAmerican said:
ShopRuger charges $44.95 for the 9-round magazine, and it serves well in both LC9 and LC9s models.
That said, it's probably unwise to get something that HipShot has already found to be difficult to conceal.
Next question: Would a 9-round magazine carried separately be more difficult to conceal than a 7-round mag?

I carry my 9 round magazine in the car as a spare. Sometimes I throw it my back pocket.
If you need to go to it, you brought the wrong gun.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
HIP SHOT said:
I carry my 9 round magazine in the car as a spare. Sometimes I throw it my back pocket.
If you need to go to it, you brought the wrong gun.

Very true!!

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Saw a CL9s today at LGS, it had a really great trigger, would have bought it but price was a little high at $376.95, will wait for price to drop down to about $350.00. It appeared the MDS on it is the same as on the LC9 and LC380, at least that is how it looked when looking at the trigger, hopefully it can be removed the same way.

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
cjs1945 said:
Saw a CL9s today at LGS, it had a really great trigger, would have bought it but price was a little high at $376.95, will wait for price to drop down to about $350.00. It appeared the MDS on it is the same as on the LC9 and LC380, at least that is how it looked when looking at the trigger, hopefully it can be removed the same way.
Cjs1945,

I took mine apart and the MDS is identical. Same parts as the LC9 hammer gun.

I have about 230 rounds on mine and the whole gun is getting even smother! My trigger scale indicated 5.4 lb trigger pull when I got it. With some trigger slick and some shooting it's about 4.9 and smooth. FYI

Hip Shot

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
I picked up my new LC9S today and straight to the range, this gun is great. I fired fifty rounds without any problem, Winchester and Federal. The trigger is so smooth and very good, and the gun is quiet acccurate, so good it is my every day carry now. I have never owned an LC9 or shot one but comparing the two you'll buy the LC9S and never look back. The price tag was 350.00, I thought was very reasonable. The gun loaded was a shade over 20 ozs, very comfortable to carry in the back pocket.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
I ordered my LC9s from Cheaper Than Dirt last Monday and still haven't received it!! They did email me a tracking number that shows its suppose to be delivered Tuesday.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I went in to a shop today and noticed a couple of standard LC9's under the glass in like new condition. That shop sells alot of Rugers, I bet some folks traded their LC9's in as soon as they could on the new model. If you like the original I bet right now you can pick up a spare or twelve for a very low price.

n5wd

Bearcat
For those who are looking for an LC-9s, Bud's has them in stock for $351 with free shipping. They also sell the 9-round magazine for about 34.

(Full disclosure -I have no relationship with Bud's other than occasionally giving them lots of my hard-earned money

Rei40c

Blackhawk
n5wd said:
For those who are looking for an LC-9s, Bud's has them in stock for $351 with free shipping. They also sell the 9-round magazine for about 34.

(Full disclosure -I have no relationship with Bud's other than occasionally giving them lots of my hard-earned money

Thanks for the tip. And I'd agree the time to strike is probably now. Hearing about this fantastic trigger even has me thinking very seriously about it. I'm one of the ones who complained about the old trigger since the first time I touched it.

Sure the old trigger could be overcome, but frankly I don't want to spend $250 training around it. 12 years ago or so when ammo was cheaper, maybe.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
Cheaper than Dirt has them for $321.36 shipped!! That's where I bought mine.

Latest posts