Which Ghost trigger for SR9 and IDPA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

looney2ns

Bearcat
So my SR9 is used for IDPA. Which Ghost trigger bar do I want to add?
I've emailed ghost, but no response in over a week.
Thanks.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
How old is your SR9? If it's a fairly new version, you won't get much if any improvement in actual trigger pull weight with a Ghost bar. They do have one with an over-travel extension that needs to be fitted. I don't worry much about over-travel, if you get used to a gun by shooting it a lot, over-travel isn't an issue. If you are going to shoot IDPA, my guess is you will shoot it quite a bit. I would speed my money on some quick acquiring sights instead. I like a fiber optic front sight and a plain black flat faced comp. rear. Ruger sells a fiber front and rear that look pretty good for $63.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
I have put "The Ultimate" in all five of my SR series pistols. also the extra power striker spring. the triggers on all of them are almost identical. the trigger bar made them slightly smoother and reduced the pull weight, the striker spring put the weight back to around factory. they are still smoother and have a nice clean break, none of them is a completion pistol. I just wanted them all as close to the same as possible. the tricky one was the early full size 9, round mag release. had to do some polishing of internals to get it to the rest of them.

looney2ns

Bearcat
It was bought new Nov 2011.

Using a cheap spring type trigger gauge it measures at over 8lbs. That's the max limit of the gauge.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
looney2ns said:

Using a cheap spring type trigger gauge it measures at over 8lbs. That's the max limit of the gauge.

Thanks for the replies.

I wonder if you got a first/second gen gun. The standard pull on an SR9 is now about 5#. Does it have a round mag release?

looney2ns

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz said:
looney2ns said:

Thanks for the replies.

I wonder if you got a first/second gen gun. The standard pull on an SR9 is now about 5#. Does it have a round mag release?

No, it has the D shaped mag release.

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
I just talked to Gallooway about my 9 and 9c. He said the new Ultimate would get it down to 3.5, and I had already installed the Kit #2..couple of springs and the little bar- never have figured out what that bar is- reset maybe? cause the Kit #2 did help with the shorter reset.
I dropped the 9 off at lunchtime today, should have it back in a day or two. Will fire it at the gun shop's range when I pick it up..let ya know how it does. Here's apic of Kit #2, I'm sure yall know what parts these are. Never mind, no pics- here's the link http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr/smooth-it-trigger-kits-for-ruger-sr9-sr9c-sr40-sr40c-sr45/