What is more popular......SR9 or SR9C?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jslshooter

Bearcat
So, what do you all think is more popular or possibly holds better value? SR9 or SR9C? I know they cost the same brand new, but the used market usually dictates which model would sell faster or hold a higher value due to demand.

E

Single-Sixer
I see a lot more compacts around here -- mostly new, and they seem to sell pretty well. I have a family member with a gun shop, and he stocks just the compact usually. I suspect the 9e will cut down on full size SR9 sales due to the price difference -- they're around $350 around here, and the SR9 and SR9c run about $425.

Mike J

Hunter
I don't really see the value in the 9E. If you watch slickguns SR9's come up from time to time for around $379. If the 9E only come with one magazine by the time you get a second magazine that would have come with the SR9 any savings is gone. Of course after they have been out for a while the 9E's may start showing up for really reasonable prices online.

As far as resale value I wouldn't worry about it. I do not believe most Ruger semi-auto pistols are going to do real well on the used market. If you like a Ruger & want one. Get it, shoot it, and enjoy it but I wouldn't expect to be able to get a lot out of it used. Although I do think the 9c would probably be more desirable to most folks now. The subcompact carry pistols seem to be what most people want.