New P95 with out rails . . . should I buy it or not?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
I was looking at a NIB P95 with two 10rd mags that is the older non railed version. $310 out he door. I am now having second thoughts due to the non support of the P series. It is new and I will never wear it out, but just wondering if I should get it or keep saving for the Springfield I want?

What do you guys think?

roylt

Hunter
Plain 95, I would pass. But it is NIB... No, plain, blue unit is a pass for me. Good price though.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Its a stainless safety model. Can't decide . . . really want another 1911 but I get giddy when I find $300 guns lol.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If its truly NIB with all the stuff its supposed to come with and you have the cash I would buy it and keep it a safe queen. Rugers are becoming very collectable and that gun could appreciate quite a bit. I know that P95's are common as dirt but there are very few out there still NIB. These guns usually lived hard lives and it shows. Even if you wanted to buy it as a shooter I would think it would be a long time before you actually needed any parts.

roylt

Hunter
Stainless unit in hand / otd for 310... Go for it. You should be able to sell it anytime and get that back.

welder

Buckeye
I would grab it in spite of the parts problem. It's inexpensive enough and would last a long time. I'd probably keep it as a safe queen and just figure that it may appreciate in price some but if not it'd still be a good gun at a very good price. I have several but have never seen a non railed version so I would get it for that reason alone but that's just me. I'm cooling off over the parts thing and still loving my Rugers. :)

modrifle3

Buckeye
It's a first generation p95. Smooth shiny frame with no rail and square triggerguard.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Yeah I went ahead and rolled my SR1911 layaway and the $300 and got a Springfield loaded stainless target model...this gun is so nice.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Yeah after handling it I would imagine you do miss it. I got the model with target sights so I am considering a fixed sight and carrying it. I am not sure. I did order a Wilson one piece FLGR and mainspring housing. Also ordered a Wolfe spring and colt internals. Not really sure about the 2 piece GR.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I used to get giddy over $300 guns too. Save up and get some nice weaponry. It's hard to do, but very enjoyable relishing in your achievements.
This makes a lot of sense to me, for an extra $100 you can find something current, perhaps other than Ruger. XD's excellent pistol is now selling the essentials package right at $400. Or perhaps a S&W Shield. Even more pleasing would be saving up for a SA Range Officer, a phenomenal shooting pistol.

modrifle3

Buckeye
MountainWalker said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I used to get giddy over $300 guns too. Save up and get some nice weaponry. It's hard to do, but very enjoyable relishing in your achievements.
This makes a lot of sense to me, for an extra $100 you can find something current, perhaps other than Ruger. XD's excellent pistol is now selling the essentials package right at $400. Or perhaps a S&W Shield. Even more pleasing would be saving up for a SA Range Officer, a phenomenal shooting pistol.

I like your thinking...

I have a XD9 XD9 subcompact and the 9mm and 45auto Range Officer. I choose the loaded since I wanted a stainless 1911. I really want a shield but I already have 3 striker fires.

USARet27years

Bearcat
Buy itthey are getting scarce. Now i have a 2008 model P95 w/rail with over 2ooo rounds thru it and i had my smith check it for wear and he said it was damn near new with lil to no wear. They are keepers I luv mine , oh and have never had a hiccup with it

chuckbri

Bearcat
modrifle3 said:
I was looking at a NIB P95 with two 10rd mags that is the older non railed version. $310 out he door. I am now having second thoughts due to the non support of the P series. It is new and I will never wear it out, but just wondering if I should get it or keep saving for the Springfield I want?

What do you guys think?

10 round, it's either a California gun or a Brady Ban era gun.

For that money and the gelded magazines, I'd pass, and look at the new SR9E.

Garrysks

Bearcat
A NIB stainless 9MM for $310? WHY NOT? That's a great deal! So what if it comes with Clinton mags-
you can get factory 15 rounders anywhere. I love my P95's.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
They ain't making any more P95's and you know that it will run forever, even if small parts become hard to find. If you like the pistol I would offer $275.00 and see if they bite.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
With the new 9E out now and the price here is 330.00 the P95 would have to be in the 275.00 range for me. I do like the P95, I have two of them and to be honest they shoot better than my G19's. I was at a local gun show yesterday and bought a P95 gen1 for 250, box, 2 mags and paperwork, the gun looks very good 98%.

modrifle3

Buckeye
At this point it's gone and I am happy with the Springfield loaded that I put the money toward anyway. I am working on the rest of my list right now.

P227
Glock 22
Glock 19
Colt XSE