P95 recoil springs?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
What's the deal with Ruger not selling these? I know they stopped making the P95 but are the really no longer going to sell P95 recoil springs? Are they just out of stock at the moment and going to sell them again? I know there's an inner and outer recoil spring. How does one just change the outer sine it looks like that what Ruger sold at one time?

rugerguy62

Bearcat
try wolf springs,they make springs for almost any gun.you can get them at www.gunsprings.com

FergusonTO35

Hunter
It's looking more and more like Ruger is trying to quit supporting the P series. Which sucks, considering there are still a fair number of new ones out there. I could understand if they hasn't been made in 30 years but good grief, the P95 was just discontinued last year.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
I'm a single action guy and not up on semi's much but I've picked up two P95's over the last year. Love the way they feel and shoot. However, reading this thread, is the recoil spring on P95s prong to issues? I always figured Ruger's P Series were bull strong and hadn't considered getting replacement parts for future use. Is the P95's recoil spring just something (like other semi's) that is needed for routine maintenance over time. If so I guess I need to look into getting a few, although it sounds as if I'm late to the game.

The Preacher

roylt

Hunter
All my P-guns are used and function fine. The biggest issue I have found is people putting the spring on backward. But on the 95 it doesn't matter. All mine run great. Not worried. The springs I have will probably out live me. haha

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
I own six P95s. I have to keep them running because of the stupid gun laws in Ca. I can keep the 15 round mags I owned prior to 2000 but can't buy new ones. There's also a "safe handgun list" and only certain handguns can be bought new here. I can't switch to a different handgun now even if I wanted to. I'm pissed at Ruger for not keeping simple spare parts such as recoil springs on hand for a gun that's been off the market for such a short amount of time and pissed at myself for not thinking ahead and buying a bunch when they would have been easy to find.

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
I called Ruger and they said no go on buying recoil springs for the P95. The P95 parts are "obsolete!!!" I also asked about recoil springs for a P94 9mm I have and of course they said no on that too.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
SteveSatch said:
I called Ruger and they said no go on buying recoil springs for the P95. The P95 parts are "obsolete!!!" I also asked about recoil springs for a P94 9mm I have and of course they said no on that too.
Gun Parts and Wolff still list recoil springs for the metal P-series guns. I just bought 2 for my new-to-me P89 a few weeks ago.

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
Not for the P95 or P94 though. They should

22/45 Fan said:
SteveSatch said:
Gun Parts and Wolff still list recoil springs for the metal P-series guns. I just bought 2 for my new-to-me P89 a few weeks ago.

roylt

Hunter
You can only shoot 2 guns at a time so with 6 you have plenty of spare parts. IMO

Maybe I'm missing something?

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Ruger sells the outer spring and you can just replace that one and proceed on: http://shopruger.com/Parts/products/1406/3/0

If your pistol ever needs service, you can send it to Ruger who will repair it at a reasonable cost. That way you don't need to worry about keeping a bunch of spare parts on hand. Remember these are very inexpensive guns and we hope you will "live long and prosper", thereby being able to afford an upgrade replacement when Ruger can no longer service the pistol! :)

modrifle3

Buckeye
I agree and besides these guns will run 10000 rds before a change is even considered.

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
They do not sell recoil springs. It's not on their webpage and I called them. Can you imagine having to overnight your pistol via Fedex or UPS at $40 just to have Ruger replace a $2 part and then charge you return shipping? They should just keep making and selling replacement parts.

welder

Buckeye
I picked up another new one this week. I have three now and a P94 9mm. If Ruger says the P95 parts are obsolete, then I will seriously consider never buying a Ruger anything again. Just ticks me off. I'm not sure what they are up to but as someone else said, there are still new P guns out there for sale. I'm wondering, why did Wolff drop them? I like my P guns and want to be able to support them for a long time. :evil:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If in fact the P95 parts are not available anymore or require a trip to Arizona I doubt I'll be buying anymore Ruger auto pistols. The P95 sold like mad right up to the end just last year. I don't want to get into a particular model series and really enjoy it, then Ruger decides to make it walk the plank.

Latest posts