P95 recoil springs?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
Here you go Steve:

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO.html

I sent my message tonight and hope to maybe get some kind of reply.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
I would hope that Ruger would maintain a "private stock" for their repair department. That way, they could repair units that were returned for another ten years or so. I know that Sig has a $55 round trip shipping special for used guns being returned for repair. I can see the problem with keeping spare parts inventory indefinitely for the many people who order parts and never actually need them. I like the idea of notifying on the web that parts are not going to be available forever. This makes me think about ordering a few parts for my SRc and LC9 pistols.

welder

Buckeye
Yeah, just a notice or warning that they were pulling parts availability would have been nice. I'd have made a pretty good order had I known. I have a very good supply of parts for my MIni 14's, Glocks, 1911 and AR. I'll be building those up even more now. I suppose it's partly my fault for not stocking up for the "P" guns sooner. I think I have one complete recoil spring/guide rode assembly with the cup and clips. A lesson I'll not soon forget.
I'm sure that Ruger has kept a good supply of parts for returned guns but I'm not gonna be sending a gun in for a part that up until now I could have simply repaired myself with a non fitted common part. Shipping is expensive and not practical in these cases, at least for me.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I cannot stand manufacturers that quit supporting discontinued products as soon as they can. My first car was an '87 Mustang, got it in 1996. The Fox body 'stang was in production until 1993. In 1997 I needed a clutch release bearing retainer sleeve for it. This part is made of aluminum, mounts concentric to the tranny input shaft, and the release bearing rides back and forth on it. You would think that would be a pretty common part. Nope, discontinued. Fortunately the dealer parts guy was able to track one down for me in a warehouse on the other side of the country. This left a bad taste in my mouth, being a broke college sophomore whose only ride was out of commission.

Ruger, to its credit, charges very low prices on replacement parts. This is contrary to the norm in industry, the OEM is almost always the most expensive. If Ruger wanted they could make runs of obsolete parts, or hire somebody else to do it, from time to time and charge enough money to make it worthwhile. When I had my P95 I bought all the springs for the gun for like $10.00. I think most of us would be happy to pay alot more than that to keep our guns running.

modrifle3

Buckeye
MountainWalker said:
I would hope that Ruger would maintain a "private stock" for their repair department. That way, they could repair units that were returned for another ten years or so. I know that Sig has a $55 round trip shipping special for used guns being returned for repair. I can see the problem with keeping spare parts inventory indefinitely for the many people who order parts and never actually need them. I like the idea of notifying on the web that parts are not going to be available forever. This makes me think about ordering a few parts for my SRc and LC9 pistols.

I use to refurb P Series guns that had been beat on pretty hard and the last P97 and P89 I had worked on, I was told that almost nothing was left for either of these. So I have a feeling if something major happens we are going to be upcharging to a new gun. At least the .22 pistols seem to be here to stay. Of course these and 10/22s have the same aftermarket support as the AR15 and Glock do. No other .22 weapons even come close. If ever stranded on an island I would want my 10/22 and 10,000 rounds of ammo . . . lol

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Of course these and 10/22s have the same aftermarket support as the AR15 and Glock do. No other .22 weapons even come close. If ever stranded on an island I would want my 10/22 and 10,000 rounds of ammo . . . lol

Truer words never spoken! I'm still a Ruger fan but I'm going to stick with their core products from now on. I love my Single Six and my wife has a blue laminate/stainless 10/22 that she is enamored with.

Modrifle, are you a gunsmith?

modrifle3

Buckeye
I have built select guns over the years but I am not a true gunsmith. I am more an armorer. My knowledge of ARs and 10/22 is pretty high and I have tried to expand my knowledge of Glocks Beretta 92 series and now 1911s.

I would like to go to school and become a true gunsmith but income and time limits my ability right now.