P345 .... Back to Ruger!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
I got my like new p345 yesterday. Grouped really well but shooting left. Tried to adjust the rear sight and after about an hour I concluded it wouldn't move. Back to Ruger for them to see what's going on. I used a wooden dowel then a brass drift....nothing. I was scared at this point I would damage it.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Some rear sights are fitted so tightly they will not budge without significant brute force.

This is just an anecdote but I had to remove the rear sight on my S&W Shield to install the slide portion of the Apex trigger kit. I had to custom cut and profile a 1/4" chisel to fit the ledge of the sight (maximum surface contact to minimize marring) but even before that it has a thread locked set screw that must be removed, then I froze the slide assembly for several hours before I made the effort to remove it.

I have little doubt that Ruger rear sight is similar. They use sight moving jigs and they can force the sight in the dovetail so tight it's freaking amazing what it takes to move them.

modrifle3

Buckeye
This one shows peening on the rear dove tail so I asked they replace the slide.

modrifle3

Buckeye
The front is so tight it's shaving the sides of the dovetail. I thought about adding night sights but I doubt the front dovetail is not damaged.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
Got it back... Perfect and groups are tight. I am keeping this one.
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. My P345 is a keeper as well :wink: