SR9 range report.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

websterz

Single-Sixer
Today was actually the second time out with my new stainless SR9. The first time out I learned that Tulammo is too underpowered and was causing lots of problems. Failures to properly eject mainly. My own reloads were also a bit too soft, same failures. I had numerous light primer strikes as well. Today's results were much better. I loaded up 450 rounds with a stouter powder charge. I also pulled the striker and polished all the bearing surfaces to a mirror finish with Mother's Mag Polish to eliminate drag on the striker. The first 400 rounds went off without a single issue. By then the pistol was filthy and I had a couple of failures to feed. I am using Promo powder as it is all I can find lately. It's pretty dirty stuff but it goes bang. Accuracy with 115 grain cast bullets at 7 yards was fantastic! From the bench everything fell in a 2 inch group just right of the X. I didn't have tools with me to drift the rear sight so I'll do that next time. I made a minor elevation adjustment when we moved out to 15 yards on the steel plates. Shooting the pistol from reset made for extremely fast follow up shots and the recoil was easily manageable. This is one sweet pistol!!

flgolfer29

Bearcat
I've shot 3 or 4K through mine with absolutely zero malfunctions. Both factory and reloads. I don't shoot it as often as I use to, but it's not for sale either.

Good luck with yours.

Joe

22/45 Fan

Hunter
websterz said:
From the bench everything fell in a 2 inch group just right of the X. I didn't have tools with me to drift the rear sight so I'll do that next time.
If your rear sight is anywhere near as tight in it's dovetail as mine is, you will have better luck drifting the front sight to adjust the windage. Remember, the front sight is moved the OPPOSITE way you want the point-of-impact to move.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
my guess is you will like her better and better as time goes by. mine has been outstanding. I do not remember any malfunction with any ammo, factory or reload. mine is one of the early round mag release models, but the trigger is as good (took a little work) as mine newer 9c. hard to beat the SR line. dollar for dollar they are in my opinion a very good value.

websterz

Single-Sixer
Got my new magazine from Buds in the mail on the third and took the SR9 out this morning. We fired another 250 reloads and had one light primer strike. I think that was a limp wrist issue as there were no other problems. I ran three full 17 rounders through as fast as I could and the gun ran like a champ!

websterz

Single-Sixer
I meant to say a light strike and one failure to feed. The light strike obviously had nothing to do with the FTF. LOL.

Latest posts