Ruger SR9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bluto

Bearcat
After reading Shawn Mccarver's reply on another post all I can say is: Uh oh, I could be mistaken. My only excuse is Real men don't read instructions.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208262

canonsix

Bearcat
Bluto, I agree real men do not read directions :roll: ,but we do dissasemble our new weapons and look out for problems(mag dissconnects,etc) and if we find them we fix them. :D Doug

IlikeIke

Bearcat
I'm very curious how the trigger will be if there is any difference at all. As long as it's the same, or is not worse I think they have a real winner here.[/quote]

My son has the SR9 and the SR9C, and both triggers are good. I was considering getting the SR9E online on GB as I found one with no reserve. Changed my mind when my son told me he fondled one at a LGS and the trigger was gritty and not near as crisp as his two SRs. Ok, now i will have to fondle one before buying. He said he couldn't figure out why the difference. Maybe just the luck of the draw?

jim8115

Bearcat
FWIW , i just bought my wife a stainless SR9, was going to go with the 9E, but the one i felt defiantly had a different trigger. the 9 is smooth as glass, the 9E was gritty , felt like it had a couple of steps in it as you pulled it. Maybe just a difference between 2 guns, dont know if all 9e's are like that or not

FergusonTO35

Hunter
It's been my experience that there is alot of variation in trigger pulls on pistols with this type of firing system. My SR9C was smooth but a little heavy with no real transition from take up to trigger break, it felt like a very short DAO. My Glock 19 gen. 4 was gritty and stagey, some polishing and rounds down range have straightened it out. My Glock 26 gen. 4 is very smooth but kind of heavy, with a noticeable transition from take up to trigger break.

modrifle3

Buckeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Glock defines consistent but terrible trigger pull I have fired Sig DAK models with nicer triggers and the DAK is considered the worst. Lol.

I disagree about glock triggers. I think they are pretty good and far better than DA.