MY RUGER SR9C, LIKE IT, BUT TRIGGER...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rei40c

Blackhawk
MountainWalker said:
I was under the impression that Ruger is now only offering warranty service for original owner sending in new guns. Certainly when ammunition costs are considered, even paying for shipping and repair is not all that bad. Glad the OP got a great deal repairing his second hand Ruger.

This is correct at least as long ago as two years ago when I got mine. In fact the first time I had to send it in they verified over the phone I was the first owner. I don't know how long this has been the policy.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Just purchased a new Springfield XDs and they too have changed the policy where the warranty follows the original owner, not the serial number.

Cubby

Single-Sixer
I think that too many people were abusing the "Liberal" warranty terms?

When I called them, I just said hey I bought a Ruger and this is what it is doing. I never told them it was used, and they never asked. The gun was in like new condition.

Just sayin.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
collegefbfan8898 said:
When I called them, I just said hey I bought a Ruger and this is what it is doing. I never told them it was used, and they never asked. The gun was in like new condition.

Just sayin.
So you distracted them with charm and got right to the problem without fussing over the purchase status. Very clever indeed! :)

Just an update: Received an email today from Ruger. Gun is being shipped out today and will be here Thursday. I called Ruger to see what the problem was. The rep said the report stated that they replaced the trigger bar assembly and fired 50 rounds with no malfunctions.

Well, FedEx just dropped off my gun. That is pretty good time. Sent it off last Friday and got it back today. All I have to do now is head to the range to fire it.