Never heard otherwise

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I never found Yellowjackets to feed very well in any semi-auto firearm. I haven't tried them in years but I do remember them not to even feed well in either of my 10/22's and they did not work in my Mark II to the best of my recollection. The truncated nose of Yellowjackets is most likely the issue I had with them.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
I have a MKIII Target and a MKIII Hunter and either will feed any .22 ammo I've ever loaded in it, Federal, CCI, Remington, Winchester, anything.

However of all bulk, the Remington has given me the highest percentage of duds, followed by Winchester. The least duds I've encountered were with Federal and CCI.

But regardless, they still chambered with no issues. I have never seen such reliable .22 autos. Ruger got the MK series right.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Highspeedlane said:
I have a MKIII Target and a MKIII Hunter and either will feed any .22 ammo I've ever loaded in it, Federal, CCI, Remington, Winchester, anything.

However of all bulk, the Remington has given me the highest percentage of duds, followed by Winchester. The least duds I've encountered were with Federal and CCI.

But regardless, they still chambered with no issues. I have never seen such reliable .22 autos. Ruger got the MK series right.

The question was about Yellowjackets, kind of a different animal. Have you fired Remington Yellowjackets in your Mark pistols? I have and the didn't feed very well because the bullet is shaped very differently than most .22LR rounds. They worked great in revolvers and the few bolt actions that I tried them in.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz said:
The question was about Yellowjackets, kind of a different animal. Have you fired Remington Yellowjackets in your Mark pistols? I have and the didn't feed very well because the bullet is shaped very differently than most .22LR rounds. They worked great in revolvers and the few bolt actions that I tried them in.

I've had my MkIII Target for right around 9 years now and I have shot thousands of many different .22 types through it but I can't remember if the Yellow Jacket was one of them.

Me and the wife will be at a well stocked LGS on Friday (getting her an LCR) and I'll see if they have any in stock though, and if they do I intend to grab a few boxes and test out for the folks here.

There is also a very minor tweak I have performed to both my Ruger Mk's and I don't know how much it contributes to their feeding reliability but that's not something I want to get into at the moment because I believe it deserves its own post and some pics to illustrate, so depending on how things go Friday (and if the LGS has YJ's) I'll post up separately.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I would love to Blume but I bought those Yellowjackets (1000 of them) years ago and they are long gone from my inventory. I won't be buying them again as there are many other .22's that shoot just fine in my semi-autos. I don't mind a guy looking for some free hand outs though, you've always seemed like a great guy to me. :D

bushmaster06

Bearcat
i've shot them in a mkIII 22/45 with no problems. i shot them into a sand trap, along with some cci velocitors, and the yellow jackets expanded just a bit more.