I'm lovin' it!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Amistad

Single-Sixer
Friends, I bought a P345 not long after they were first introduced. I enjoyed the gun a lot and I took a coworker to the range with me one day. He fell in love with the weapon and begged me to sell it to him. I didn't... at least not for a while. However, in a weak moment, I later sold it to him. I really missed it! So I acquired another P345 through a trade. That slim grip of the P345 is the favorite of all my semiautos! What a wonderful gun!

Amistad

eveled

Hawkeye
Glad you got one to replace your lost friend. You mentioned the slim grip, making it your favorite gun. Do you own or have you ever shot a 1911? Just curious. Ed

Amistad

Single-Sixer
eveled said:
Glad you got one to replace your lost friend. You mentioned the slim grip, making it your favorite gun. Do you own or have you ever shot a 1911? Just curious. Ed

Yes, I have shot several different 1911 pistols that various friends have had and were gracious in letting me shoot them. I've never owned one, and likely never will. I'm not sure why, but the 1911 platform just doesn't have much of an appeal for me. I know that for many they are the "gee whiz" of handguns. But not for me.

Amistad

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I would really like to see Ruger bring out a hammer fired auto in 9mm like the P345 that used SR9 mags. I like the much maligned 345, unlike the other P's it is not super thick and points well.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I miss mine. I had issues with the second one, but the early one I had was very nice. Couldn't pass the deal. Paid $330 and sold it for $525 during the Obama gun control fears.

eveled

Hawkeye
Amistad said:
I'm not sure why, but the 1911 platform just doesn't have much of an appeal for me. I know that for many they are the "gee whiz" of handguns. But not for me.

Amistad

thanks for the reply. Glad you gave the 1911 a try, and glad you did find your "gee whiz" gun in the p345. I will have to track one down someday and give it a whirl. Typing this made me realize I have never shot a Ruger semi auto pistol, except for the 1911 and MKII. Always been more of a revolver guy, but I do like 1911's.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Glad you like it.

I owned the P345 for a while but found the grip ergonomics just didn't work for me.

But that doesn't mean it won't be perfect for someone else. Happy shooting.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Just bought a like new last year with 3 mags for $329 off gunbroker. That included free shipping.

I can't wait to get.