New LCP problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Centexshooter

Bearcat
I recently picked up a NIB LCP to have as a BUG and for pocket carry in warm weather. I took it out to the pasture for a little break-in Tuesday evening. It shoots very well and is as accurate as one could expect in a pistol this size. But one thing is really bugging me. A loaded magazine is way too difficult to seat. And a loaded magazine with one in the chamber is damn near impossible to seat without banging it HARD with the heel of my palm. I own many semiautomatic pistols and none are like this. I'm a pretty big, strong fellow and it's still difficult for me. I don't want to have to worry about or be distracted by this if I ever (God forbid) have to use this piece in self defense.

Now, my question. Is this a problem with the model as a whole, just my pistol or am I missing something?

I really like the piece's performance but this little snag is really ticking me off.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

electramike

Bearcat
I just picked one up my self, put about 75 rounds thru it, and I agree the magazines dont seat in that easily in mine as well.
I have 6 other semi autos and all of them go in much easier, other than this I love this little pistol!

CLAYPOOL

Single-Sixer
Some where I saw a comment to use the "MAGIZINE" (sp) button/release to aid that problem...? Don't remember where, but it was recent..

groberts

Single-Sixer
My LC380 had the same problem for a while, then it got "worn in". I read that if you initially load 1 round less than full at first it helps.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
The magazine base pad on my LCP needed "just a little" trimming to eliminate that having to slam it home problem.

There was a little bit of extra plastic that was hitting the bottom of the grip and causing some interference.