Ruger P345 being discontinued

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round said:
I had a new Glock 22(under 100 rounds) blow up on me with factory jacketed 230 gr non +P ammo. The magazine blew out along with the plastic trigger and associated plastic parts with the slide frozen shut. Glock replaced it with a new one at n/c and I immediately traded it for a 1B in 270 Win. After that incident, I consider all Glock pistols nothing more than a POS and will never own or shoot one again! My opinion and my right to say what I think.

1zxvbeh.jpg

Sinkhole

Bearcat
It's a crying shame the world has gone to striker fired as the preferred action. I love a good SA/DA hammer fired gun. Not saying that there is anything wrong with striker fired guns I have owned several. It's just a shame that if you want good hammer fired gun under $500 you really only have a few choices and even fewer in fully ambidextrous guns for us lefties. Never mind the fact that most of those are in 9mm or .40S&W. If you want a good SA/DA 45ACP with ambidextrous controls you need to spend at minimum $600 on a Beretta PX4 Storm or $650 for an FNH FNX-45. It is what it is.

As far as semi-autos go, I'll probably never consider anything other than Sig anymore... I have parted ways with my Sigs too many times and always come back!

I'll never give up the CZs I already own though!

loaded round

Hunter
DA_Trigger: I am very fond of my P345 since I originated this post but I do have reply to your comment regarding Sigarms pistols. I also have two Sigs; an older P226 and a 3 month ''new'' P227. In my opinion these Sigs are the undoubtedly finest made handguns made today, bar none. The only drawback is their price, but you do have to pay for quality. :)

DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
As far as semi-autos go, I'll probably never consider anything other than Sig anymore... I have parted ways with my Sigs too many times and always come back!

I'll never give up the CZs I already own though!

You and me both bro. I pay that kind of money for decent revolvers. Why should my semi-auto experience suck?

My Sig P226 elite enhanced. It's a .40 and its accurate! Every bit as my CZ75B Stainless 9mm.

My Sig P227. I haven't shot it yet.

My next semi-auto pistol will be a Sig P220.

loaded round

Hunter
You'll love that P227 when you do get to shoot it. I got a good deal on mine plus the Sig laser/strobe sight attachment with a 10% veterans discount that week. 1'' groups at 7 yds. My P226 is an older 9mm model with now "dead'' nite sights. The slide is marked "Made in West Germany" that's not on the newer ones. No more large frame revolvers for me since I have more than I need, and don't shoot them much anymore. But if a 2nd gen Colt SAA or flat top Ruger ever needs a new home...!

DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
You and me both bro. I pay that kind of money for decent revolvers. Why should my semi-auto experience suck?

My Sig P226 elite enhanced. It's a .40 and its accurate! Every bit as my CZ75B Stainless 9mm.

My Sig P227. I haven't shot it yet.

My next semi-auto pistol will be a Sig P220.

noquarter

Single-Sixer
Sinkhole said:
If you want a good SA/DA 45ACP with ambidextrous controls you need to spend at minimum $600 on a Beretta PX4 Storm or $650 for an FNH FNX-45. It is what it is.

Try the Bersa:
http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-uc-pro-series.html

I shot one at the local range. Great trigger (better than my P345) and well made. My only gotcha from that short time with it was the fat grips - wider than I like. They are @$420 on Buds. My Thunder 380 has been a good gun.

noquarter said:
Sinkhole said:
If you want a good SA/DA 45ACP with ambidextrous controls you need to spend at minimum $600 on a Beretta PX4 Storm or $650 for an FNH FNX-45. It is what it is.

Try the Bersa:
http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-uc-pro-series.html

I shot one at the local range. Great trigger (better than my P345) and well made. My only gotcha from that short time with it was the fat grips - wider than I like. They are @$420 on Buds. My Thunder 380 has been a good gun.

The Bersa Thunder .380 I owned was in fact a better gun than the Sig P230SL I used to have!
Hope you enjoy the Bersa Kevin.

I'm excited about getting to shoot my P227!

I got a lead on a new P220 too now. Very excited!