P 90 Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bananaman

Bearcat
Hi, I have a P90 that I got roughly 2 years ago. It has a blackened slide vs. the stainless one. It came in the box (black) Model 06601,661-90101. Catalog P90T. 1998 vintage. Does anyone know what this may be? Just curious. The only hint that I had, was possibly Davidsons. Thanks, Bob

roylt

Hunter
This is in my opinion Rugers idea of getting rid of extra parts. The T models are a mix of parts. Blue slide with stainless controls. They also only came with one mag. Cheaper models.

Still should shoot and be a great gun though.

bananaman

Bearcat
I have no problem with the way it shoots!! After I got it, traded to get a 89 to go with it. (don't have 89 any more) In my book, P90's are underrated, and resale value is low. It seems to have less recoil (or different) than my Sig 1911. I was looking for a P in .40 for a while too. Bob

96/44

Blackhawk
That was a Talo model (hence the "T"). Blued with stainless controls, should have the factory Hogue grip also.

The P90, in any configuration was a great gun! in my experience, WAY better than the (magic number) 3 p89s I had...

The T models were exactly that, a way to get rid of extra parts.

bananaman

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. I was more curious than anything. If the black slide was a leftover, what was it originally used on? Bob

roylt

Hunter
Ruger made blued guns and stainless. Yours is parts from both types just stuck together at the factory.

roylt

Hunter
haha. You are fitting in here nicely. Anyone with a P-gun is a good guy in my book. Well almost anyone.

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
bananaman said:
My mom used to give us leftovers. Didn't hurt me then! Won't hurt me now! Bob

atta boy!

...and ditto what roylt said.............

Arky

Single-Sixer
I am no expert but I do notice differences in guns. I have a Stainless P90DC and my Son-in-law used to have a dark colored P90. He thought his had a synthetic frame but members here said they did not make such. I do know his gun weighed less than mine by a noticeable amount.

modrifle3

Buckeye
The finish on the black p frames can give the illusion of plastic but it is cast alluminum.