Ruger SR45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brucear77

Bearcat
I just got a new SR45 cleaned it took it to the range and it jammed on every other round with both mags. does anyone have trouble with there SR45. :evil: :roll: :cry:
This is with Winchester white box and Remington

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
not even close. mine has eaten everything including my LSWC reloads, JHP, FMJ. firm grip and keep wrist locked and mine is good to go. that's with all eight mags.

Buckhorn150

Bearcat
Just got mine back from ruger, hope its fixed. Slide lock still barely grabs slide though. Out of my 7 ruger pistols my sr 45 has been full of problems. Already swapped out the mags when I first purchased it. Love the gun just not the problems that follow it.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I bought mine last September and it has been reliable with a variety of factory ammo. Admitedly, it's all 230 grain stuff, mostly fjm's and jhp's. Quality American ammo, no Eastern Block stuff.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Had my SR45 for a year and 3 months and it runs great with 185 gr. and 230 gr. JHP and 230 gr. FMJ. For the first few months it was so tight with a full mag that it was not possible to rack the slide, but it has got easier now, but still quite hard. Been an accurate, dependable and pleasant pistol so far.

animal

Bearcat
I purchased mine back in Nov. 2013 and it's had a few FTF's. Other than that it has been awesome. Put roughly 800+ rounds through it.

If you are having issues with it, I'd clean it thoroughly and it still continues, contact Ruger and they'll fix it up for you. It may be a Mag issue or the feed ramp needs to be polished. Either way contact Ruger.

brucear77

Bearcat
sent it back to Ruger and talked to a man by the name of Mike Vilardi GREAT GUY to deal with and they fixed my SR 45 THANK YOU Mike Vilardi and Thank you Ruger

The gun works great :D :D

animal

Bearcat
What did they end up saying was the problem? what did they replace?

Blizzard

Bearcat
I put over 100 rounds of reloads through mine the 1st time out without a problem. I love the way it feels and shoots!!

Latest posts