Question about SR9 recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MGMorden

Bearcat
Hey guys - I've got a bit of an odd question.

As everyone knows the original Ruger SR9's trigger was found to have an issue (we'll call that trigger version 1) and then recalled, and replaced with a different trigger (we'll say version 2).

Even further down the line, the SR9c came out with a better trigger. The SR9 standard eventually started coming with that trigger group as well (version 3).

Here's where I'm wondering - I just bought a used Ruger SR9 that has the original old trigger that needs the recall. I'm fine with that and don't mind sending it back (really just seems like an opportunity for a free magazine to me), but does anyone know if the triggers Ruger is putting into recall guns all these years later is still the "version 2", or the "version 3". And if no-one does know, how would I be able to tell the difference when the gun gets back?

Thanks all!

presspics

Bearcat
Ruger will upgrade the gun with the parts that are currently going into brand new guns.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The recall pistols were generation 1 and the change to the Glock type trigger were generation 2, they both had round mag release buttons and the generation 3 pistols have a D shaped mag release and a much nicer trigger. My generation 2 pistol had the take down pin work out about an 1/8 inch and damage frame, i sent it back to Ruger and they replaced everything except the barrel and slide. Now i have a latest generation 3 pistol with a prefix 330 serial number because they put my original number on the new frame. It was a really great upgrade and performs as good as the newest models. Hopefully that is what they will do with your pistol, it is a well worth getting the upgrade and if yours comes back with the D shaped mag release it will be the newest version. Ruger service is the best there is.

MGMorden

Bearcat
Thanks - we will see. I got the pistol at a very good deal ($285 for the gun and two 10 round mags - I figure I'd get a third with the recall). I'll be happy however it comes back but after hearing about how nice the gen 3 triggers are I'd be a little envious :).

Latest posts