SR40c trigger with Galloway kit question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

presspics

Bearcat
I just traded for a Ruger SR40c pistol. It came with the entire Galloway trigger smoothing kit. Since I got the gun with the kit already installed I didn't get to feel the factory SR40c trigger.

I noticed that the gun has absolutely ZERO take up. It fires immediately upon depressing the trigger face safety. Is that how the factory trigger is or is this due to the Galloway kit?

I am used to triggers that have at least some trigger take up like the Glock or M&P. I am toying with the idea of reinstalling the factory trigger components if they have some take up. If the factory trigger also doesn't have some free play during trigger take up then I'll just leave the Galloway kit installed.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
the factory trigger is a little mushy and gritty. the smooth it kit gives you a crisper lighter trigger. try it for a while, it may just grow on you. one other thought is to call Ruger customer service, tell them the story, and see what they recommend. they may well replace the kit with factory parts for you.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Go to a gunshop and ask to dry fire an SR40 / 9c.

You'll quickly develop an appreciation for what you have.

Latest posts