New SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
They do, the SR9c and 40c are really great pistols. They run flawlessly on just about any type of ammo that you feed them and they are accurate and pleasant to shoot. You made a good choice.

Cubby

Single-Sixer
I have a SR9c. It is a very versatile gun, and it works! It is easy to carry for a double stack. Super trigger...

FergusonTO35

Hunter
My SR9c is my "full size" carry option, meaning it gets carried in a belt or paddle holster with sufficient clothing to cover it. Ruger really got it right on this one, the ergonomics and balance is superb. Far better, I think, than any of the other small double stack 9mm's out there. I would like to get a smooth plastic backstrap insert for it instead of the factory ribbed (for extra pleasure?) rubber one.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Glad to hear it. The SR9c looks and feels to me like it was designed to be that size from the ground up, unlike most others that seem more like a sawed off version of the original.

mrgaf

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
Glad to hear it. The SR9c looks and feels to me like it was designed to be that size from the ground up, unlike most others that seem more like a sawed off version of the original.
Agree. Feels good ing the hand and points real good. Any ideas on a holster? I'm a lefty and will open carry.....

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I have the Tagua open top leather paddle holster for mine and it works pretty good. The Fobus HK-1 which is also sold by Ruger will work but is awfully big and not originally made for that gun. I think Galco now makes the Matrix for the SR9, I think it's a very nice holster for the price. As popular as these are Im surprised at how few holster are actually available for them.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
CrossBreed makes a SuperTuck model that fits the SR9c as well as the SR9.
I bought a used SR9 as a companion to the SR9c. To my great surprise, the shorter SR9c shoots rings around the SR9!