SR9 Striker Cover - no opening to depress striker plunger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
I can't imagine not cleaning that channel. mine get it every time they are fired. there is always dirt and sometimes flakes of brass in there. the potential for disaster seems obvious.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Clovishound said:
I find the advise given by Ruger a little odd. IMO the SR9c needs periodic cleaning of the striker channel.
Me too. I do want to be able to clean inside the striker channel on occasion. The current technique seems very similar to Glocks and S&W M&Ps except you have to depress the mag disconnect too (if your SR still has one. :))

websterz

Single-Sixer
You don't depress the striker spring, you have to depress the spring cup. Release tension on the spring by depressing the striker blocker and then the mag disconnect to allow the striker to move all the way forward in the channel. Then use a small punch to feel for the edge of the spring cup in the bottom of the striker indicator hole and gently press it inward then slide the striker cover out of its slot. The redesigned cover has an enlarged recess around the striker indicator hole that the cup fits into to lock the cover in place.