Ruger LCP Magazine Follower (for Last Shot Slide Hold Open.)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KevlarSix

Bearcat
Found this in eBay.

Ruger LCP Magazine Follower for Last Shot Slide Hold Open | eBay

Youtube demonstration below

http://youtu.be/RWKZ9j7u9HM

Was wondering this this can be used together with the Mag Guts Magazine system.

http://magguts.com/?page_id=100

johndm1967

Bearcat
Watching.....

No slide hold open is about only thing I don't like on LCP.

An extra round never hurt anything either.

groberts

Single-Sixer
The video indicates that the slide will not stay open if the mag is released without using the manual hold open. If so then this device is only useful for those who can't or don't count their shots. And it also does not indicate what kind of problems you owuld have if you don't manually lock the slide before releasling the mag.

aWoods

Single-Sixer
Come on Rgburril; you wouldn't have anything better to use that brain power on than counting your shots? I know I would rather pay attention to my marksmanship, what's going on around me, and what do I do next. Also it makes reloads faster and reduces errors. We can't all be operators who operate operationally.

That said, I'd rather run the mag guts system than get a last shot hold open.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I really pray if I have to reload I brought something besides a pocket .380 to the fight. Lol

George

Blackhawk
I don't have this yet but do think it's useful knowing when your last round was fired.. I don't care if the slide slaps closed when I remove the mag .Like others have said you could use the slide lock first.. I have a old 1935 Beretta .32 that works just like that so I'm use to it and knowing your last shot was fired is useful to me.. You lose a lot of time when you pull the trigger to hear a click or not hearing it if your in a gun fight with out hearing protection you not going to hear crap for a while. Going to check this out.. This was the one and only thing I didn't like about the LCP.. I would like to see a LCP set up just like the LC9 .. Now that would be nice.. But they both sure do shoot well. Who makes the last round hold open follower? Do you have a link? thanks! George