LC9 failure

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Took my LC9 to range today, after the 5 th. round the slide locked up solid about 1/4 inch before it was fully open, fired round was still held in place by extractor. After clearing case and removing magazine, i was able to get slide fully open with much effort, and small piece of metal fell out. Pistol would function perfect after that but would not fire round, found out later that the end of the firing pin blocker lever had broke off so i could not depress the blocker and let pistol fire. Now i have to order a new blocker lever from Ruger store, only a $2.00 item, hope it's not real hard to install. The part failed after 1044 rounds have been fired by the pistol, and until then it has performed flawlessly with no problems what so ever. Has anyone else had this type of failure happen? Am hoping that it was an isolated occurrence.

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
couple thousand thru mine with no issues. Sorry that you have a problem. Consider sending it back to Ruger for the repair, they'd go through it and you'd get it back like new.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I'm glad that Ruger sells most of their parts online. I'd rather just replace a $2.00 part myself than send the pistol back. I bet if you call they would send you one free.