Glock 42

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Anyone here have experience with one of these yet? I think I've got the number right, 42. It's their new concealable 380.

So, 3 of my local buddies have them and all have problems. Stove-pipes or they simply act like a single action and firing the gun doesn't make the slide move one little bit. Not once did any of them get an entire magazine full through without a problem.

They've tried quality re-loads and 3 different brands of new factory ammo. I'm thinking these 3 are all going back to Glock for a look-over. Anybody else heard anything?

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I just got one the other day but have not got to shoot it yet. I actually forgot to take my license with me so I had to leave it with my FFL buddy until I get back in a week or so. From what you described it almost sounds as if they are limp wristing it and not holding it firm enough for the blowback of the small caliber to work properly. I will let you know when I get mine and try it out.

hittman

Staff member
No limp-wrist, all experienced shooters. One told me after I made this post that he stretched the recoil spring some and that improved things though.

6mm

Bearcat
When I was at Cabela's last week buying a Beretta PX4, there was a Glock 42 in the case. Wasn't that impressed. I heard from a shooting buddy yesterday, that he has shipped his Glock 42 back. After trying six different brands of .380, he couldn't get thru three rounds without a jam.

I was planning on a Glock 42 and a Remington r51 this year, but with the problems I have been hearing and in the case of the Remington, which I saw first hand, they are both off the want list.

I think I'm gonna save a little more and go with a P938 rather than buy another Glock. I got my 17 and 23 sold.

The C3 is being tuned up by Sig, so for now the SP101 4 inch is the main carry in rotation.

I can't find a way to comfortably conceal the P226 or P227, oh well. lol.

charlesappel

Single-Sixer
I purchased two of these about a week ago.
One had three malfunctions using fifty rounds of Fiocchi ball ammo. After firing the Fiocchi, I fired fifty rounds of Winchester white box and 100 rounds of Blazer through it with no problems.
The second pistol has fired fifty rounds of Winchester white box and fifty-seven rounds of Blazer with no problems. I haven't tried the Fiocchi ammo in this gun.

9mmdude

Bearcat
I just picked one up. I read on Glocktalk to lock the slide back so I did that and let it sit in the safe for 5 days like that. Took it to the range and ran 50 rounds of blazer brass through it without a malfunction. I need to run some hollowpoint through it but I can't find any.

lark63

Single-Sixer
Bought one of these as soon as I could-
Why? Because it is a new gun.
Not a glock lover but I think this is a great gun, to me this beats the crap out of the Ruger LCP. Bought it , shot it a lot and happily sold it.-The LCP.
If you have a chance to shoot/buy a Glock 42 along with a LCP you will see the difference.
Pushing close to 1,000 rounds through the 42 and no issues.
The 42 will be a CCW for sure.

lark63 said:
Not a glock lover but I think this is a great gun, to me this beats the crap out of the Ruger LCP. Bought it , shot it a lot and happily sold it.-The LCP.
If you have a chance to shoot/buy a Glock 42 along with a LCP you will see the difference.
After reading of multiple people's testimony here, I have no desire for the Glock 42
gramps

Cubby

Single-Sixer
gramps said:
lark63 said:
After reading of multiple people's testimony here, I have no desire for the Glock 42
gramps

Me either. I have a Kahr CM9 which is about the same size? And it is super reliable, and a 9MM!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I'm going to buy one because it is the perfect .380 in terms of size and weight. I think the .32 Auto is a far better cartridge for the micro pistols such as my Kel Tec P32.

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
Just picked one up and ran 100+ rounds through it with zero issues. Not as accurate as the Walther PPK/S but more than good enough for CCW work.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I examined a 42 yesterday. Man, it's a sweet piece. The grip is small but still gives you a fair amount to hold on to. I like the longer barrel and slide, should give some extra velocity and less recoil. I cant imagine a better defensive pistol for someone who cant handle a bigger gun and/or much recoil. The Glock 42 is officially on the want list!

modrifle3

Buckeye
Glock already had a proven .380 for decades but couldn't get it past BATF bullsh!t to get it in the US market. I still don't understand the .380 craz though.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
The euro Glock 380 is a blowback action just like your 10/22. The 42 is a true scaled down baby Glock with the locking breech. Hoping to get my wife interesting in it when the first run problems die down. Not like LCPs and SR9s were perfect when introduced either..