whats a fair price for a used p 95?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandman228

Single-Sixer
ok heres the deal my son had a handful of guns most of them bought for him for Christmas , birthdays ,so on ,so on .well hes now married and a father of 2 himself his wife don't like guns and his apartment wont let him have guns(I wouldn't be with either if that was the rule, but that's me). he's already sold 2 m/l rifles asked me to sell his savage 110 30 06. then went the marlin 22 that I bought him for Christmas that he put less than 50 rounds through , then a savage 22 auto that was the 1st gun I ever bought him when he was 12 . I ended up with that 1, I couldn't let it go I just told him someone from where I work wanted it and gave him the money ,I plan on giving it to my grandson someday and telling him it was his dads 1st gun .then I bought a heritage 22 revolver from him if I remember right I gave him 160 or so for it to be fair and help him out witch means ive got a heritage revolver now that I have about 300$ in lol cause I bought it the 1st time too , but whatever it helped him out . witch brings me to now hes got a Remington 870 left and his p 95.i got it for him for Christmas 5 or 6 years ago , I still have original paperwork if I remember right I only paid in the 300$ range for it he has shot it twice and put maybe 100 /120 rounds through it ,ive shot it a few times and put another 150 or so through it . so the gun is still practicly new ,he wants to unload it its already registered in my name since he was to young when it was bought for him, its in my possession im not letting this 1 go I already own a sr9c its a great gun I really like it, but to tell the truth I kinda like this p model a little more I told him I would buy it but im not sure what to give him .I don't wanna take advantage, but at the same time I don't wanna end up with 600$ in a p95 either .I was gonna give him somewhere in the 225$ range for it witch I know would still put me with allot in it but it would help him out . any opinions?

roylt

Hunter
If he is your son give him whatever he wants or maybe 300 for it. My opinion. Even if you have 1000 into it, he is still your son. You can't put a price on that.

dwd

Single-Sixer
I'd say it's still worth $300 but since you bought it in the first place if anybody could get it for less it should be you.

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
If it was my son,, I would give him $300.00 for the P with the understanding he open a college savings fund for the kids with the money....

hittman

Staff member
I bought one brand spankin new from CDNN 4 or 5 years ago for $300.00.

Sold it last weekend for ..... $300.00.

They ain't pretty but are one heck of a good value. Tough, dependable, reliable.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
well its funny how things have a way of working out . his car windshield got broke and he didn't really have the money to get it fixed so I called safelite set it up and paid for the new windshield/installation witch worked out to 312$ so he told me to just call it even on the p95.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Perfect solution and really helpful for a young family. You might want to consider a relatively small and light (250-400#) safe that you could leave him along with a few guns that he had as a youth. His wife has a right to be concerned about gun safety and insist all guns and ammo are secured. However, your son has the right to own a few guns if he keeps them secure. On the other hand, I was deployed for 6 years and left my gun collection in my brother's cellar. I never missed my guns at all, but was happy to return and get them back. Perhaps your son's life is so busy now that he doesn't worry much about guns. Anyway, it was great that you helped him with the windshield! :)

Rocdoc

Buckeye
My bride told me there would be no guns in her home, that was settled in an instant. Her dad had herds of guns, never understood it. She owns a few herself now :)

wallacem

Bearcat
I would be moving to another apartment that allows guns. Sounds like he is living in a very dangerous place if the crooks know that. Wallacem in Georgia

George

Blackhawk
My .02 worth!! I don't know you want ot hear this but I think if you offered your son $25 bucks or $1000 he won't take it.. You already paid for the gun once just ask him for the gun tell him how much you like it and that it would mean a lot to you.. You can always do something nice to help them out. I think in this way everyone would be happy.. No $$ amount can be better then thank you son to him! George

Just read your post: (well its funny how things have a way of working out . his car windshield got broke and he didn't really have the money to get it fixed so I called safelite set it up and paid for the new windshield/installation witch worked out to 312$ so he told me to just call it even on the p95.)

Well done!! Yes things do have a way of working out !!!! Again well done!! G

If this was still a discussion the two things I would need to know is if the P95 is a Safety or Decock model if it is standard blue or stainless. Interesting about the windshield, what state do you live in? In SC windshield replacement repair is 'free'.

I really don't think an Apartment Complex can do that..... but the bigger issue is the Wife. Good luck,

sandman228

Single-Sixer
its decock model blued .and in pa windshield repair/replace isn't free in pa. as far as the apartment goes its in there lease .as for his wife I dunno what her deal is ive had her and my son to the range with me before and she loves my rock island 1911 and the beretta neos I used to own . I guess she feels the way she does now because they have a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old running around . yes I know the guns could be locked up but shes not hearing it . the deal is already done now I own the p95 and I like it better than my sr9c .if he wants it back someday maybe we can work something out but being as how I like it so much and ive already paid full price for it twice im not to eager to let it go either .

George

Blackhawk
sandman228, You are one heck of a good dad!!!! Your right you should keep the gun now and maybe someday your son will still end up with itdown the road in do time ya know!! As far as your sons wife goes.. She sounds like a fine girl. Been down too the range and all with you. That's one heck of a good start.. I use to live in NY city some 40 years ago got out do to crime.. moved to the sticks now some 40 years later we see things I could never dreamed of here.. This day and age people have no money and need to take things. Stores get robed banks home invitations muggings.. horrendous thing have happened in this safe care free sit back take in the clean air and wonderful views of NH state.. Heck , Kids Kids Mind you broke into a home with a young mother and daughter and hacked them both up with a machete for the fun of seeing what it felt like to kill someone.. Mother died her kid held onto life and did make it but had seen the hole thing and has to live with that now.. I would think your son's wife will soon feel the need for protection.. I myself always have one on me or at least in reach. I never thought it would ever get this bad... Crazy's, nut cases drugged out lunatics there all here too now.. Maybe she will soon come around and let a gun back into the house for them both.. Good gun safety and self-defense lessons would also be in order IMO to help bring that young one up safe and sound... George

Womens get it in their head that they got to protect the children from any and everything... and I can't say they are totally wrong... my sister in law has to have an eye on her two sons.... 6 &8 all the time when they are playing in my parents yard... this is country... no other house with in a 1/4 mile... when I was that age the rule was I could not go out of car horn range.... that was somewhere around a half a mile I think.... times change I guess.... we had loaded guns around the house all the time I was growing up... in fact I can't remember a handgun ever being unloaded... except when you had shot it.... didn't know a thing about locks or safes back then.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
In Kentucky it's unlawful for anyone to prohibit you from keeping a lawfully owned firearm in your residence. This includes landlords, lenders, and government agencies.