P90 shell extractor

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Beavis

Bearcat
The extractor that you push down before removing the slide keeps popping back up when I am trying to dissassemble for cleaning.
Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?
The trigger spring that you can see through the mag well came loose recently and Ruger said push it down with your finger and it should set itself back into place. I did this and it functioned fine the next time I used it, but when taking it apart to clean I had the issue with the extractor. I got it apart eventually and next time out to the range the mag release spring broke. :eek:
Now I am walking around helpless with no carry peice until I get the mag spring. I might have to carry the .44 bisley but that 7.5" barrel is not going to be comfortable. The p90 is bulky enough.

roylt

Hunter
You are actually talking about the ejector not the extractor. When you push the ejector forward it is held "open" by spring pressure on the blocker. What happens is when you move the slide it bumps the blocker lever and in turn releases the ejector. I have fixed a couple P95s that were very touchy by filing the top edge of the blocker down.

Hard to explain via text.

Welcome by the way.

roylt

Hunter
Hope I helped. Post pictures if you need more help. "We" should be able to get it working better.