P85 recall?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Topshot227

Bearcat
Hello folks first so please bare with me. I just recently purchased a ruger p85 not a mk2, and have been reading about a safety recall. If I am not the original owner will the gun still qualify for the recall? Also this gun looks rough on the outside but is in great shape on the inside does that matter? Thanks in advance for any information.

I would bet it still qualifies, as it was a 'safety issue'...contact the service department and they will tell you what needs to be done........yes, if there is NO stamping on the "safety lever" ...MK II, then it was NOT done.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Assuming it is a safety issue, I'm absolutely certain Ruger will still fix it at no cost. They still do free retrofits to "Old Model" single actions and they haven't been made since 1973.

BTW, "...please bare with me..."? Are we all getting undressed? :)

dwd

Single-Sixer
It's been a few years but I sent in a p85 to have the recall work done. They offered me a new mag for the shipping or they would pay the shipping, I chose the new mag and it cost me over $60 to ship it turned out to be the most expensive magazine I ever had.
I'd bet they still do the recall and update the safety on your p85.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Ruger warranty follows the gun, not the owner. Therefore when a Ruger is sold, the new owner can contact Ruger with a problem and have it fixed under warranty. The case of safety recall should be handled in same way. :)

Latest posts