Wire across Vintage 1989 MK II sight?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

curious george

Bearcat
Hi, I bought a supposedly NIB 1989 Ruger MK stainless with the 4" tapered barell. It came with the yellow box and the numbers match to 1989. It also came with a MK I mag NIB?

Anyway, forgive my photo, but do you notice there is a wire across the rear sight? It is almost as if it were designed for shooting at closer targets instead of using the top of the from blade. I have NEVER seen this and I've owned many Rugers. The gun is mint by the way and honestly appears to never have been fired (yet)

I'm sorry but I can't load a pic. Imagine a standard, fixed rear Ruger MK II sight with a straight wire running across the width at about 75 - 80% of height.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
Posting pictures is rather straight forward, once you get your (free) account set up at Photobucket.com or some other photo hosting Website.

You upload your pictures to your Photobucket album. Then, when you are creating your message here to the Forum, next to your picture in Photobucket will be a list of "Links to Share this photo." Simply click on the tab labeled IMG and it will copy all the URL info onto your clipboard. Then paste that in your message and, bingo, you have pictures linked to your message.

If you delete the pictures in Photobucket, they will disappear from your forum message also.

Sounds a lot harder than it really is!