Beretta 92 fs inox

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dlay

Bearcat
I bought a beretta 92fs inox, made in Italy, sold new in 2009, don't think had been fired with all accessories that I think was a good deal. I have liked the looks of them but never really wanted one, but now that I have played and shot it I am beginning to appreciate it.

otis24

Bearcat
I have owned both the 9mm and 40 S&W version. They are a good gun. I am a youngster, but am old enough to remember when the Beretta replaced the venerable .45 for the US Military. Now, thirty years later, the 92 is a battle test veteran.

Financial situation forced me to sell my Hi Power. If I can't find a decent revolver, the 92 may be an option for a replacement.

eveled

Hawkeye
I have two of them, blued not inox, but they have been flawless. Very nice guns, IHMO. Ed.

Financial situation, some time ago, forced me to sell my Beretta 92 inox. When I did get some money again, I spent less and replaced it with a CZ 75 B Stainless, and subsequently added a CZ 75 SP01, then a Sig p226, in .40 which I replaced with a Sig P227 a few days ago. (Well the sale fell through on the P226, so have both now)

I liked the Beretta 92. But the CZs and Sigs gripped much better for me and seemed to have nicer out of the box triggers. The Beretta frame seemed like it was spray painted silver. Not the best finish. The CZs and Sigs seemed like nicer finishes.

I had an SR1911 that had the rust issue. I almost replaced it with the cmd model, but spent the same money and got a Sig C3. Have been having some timing issues with it and may need a recoil spring replacement. Quick call to Sig is in order. Their customer service has been always helpful, not that I have had to use it a lot...

Would I buy another 92? For the right money I would. But on average you could find nicer guns for the same or less $$$. Not to say the Beretta is a bad gun. Not at all. Mine was flawless as far as reliability and accuracy.

Jim Puke

Hunter
otis24 said:
I am a youngster, but am old enough to remember when the Beretta replaced the venerable .45 for the US Military. Now, thirty years later, the 92 is a battle test veteran.

I agree that it is a good gun, but it has been THE sidearm of our military for 30yrs...yet it still is not close to a crowd favorite.

Go figure...

dlay

Bearcat
After shooting it and seeing the precision in the firearm, it has become a crowd favorite of mine. It is accurate and reliable.

George

Blackhawk
One of the best!Had one.. Love The older Berettas 500+ year old and still doing there thing! I have a 1935 .32 from 1944 came back from WWII with my dad and I have a Model 71 .22 from 1959 the older one with the button safty and foot plate mag reless.. That .22 never had a hitch in all the years and all the rounds I put through it.. That's something for a rimfire .22.. Keep it and never trade it or you will kick yourself hard.. I should know I sold mine years ago to fund another gun.. Learnd not to do that any more as I got older I Keep the guns I have now and just add to them if I feel the want for another.. I'm 57.. Enjoy your gun! George

sousana

Single-Sixer
I've got 4 complete sets of their military branch series, plus another 16 on top of that ranging from the 92F thru the M9A1, of which I have 3.

My fave is a CPD trade in I picked up at a pawn shop for $250. It looks like it served from WWI thru every major and minor conflict on the planet since 1917, but appearances aside, at 21ft, freehand using range ball, I'm getting 1.889" groupings, using RWS matchgrade ammo, accuracy improves to 1.713"

While I am, and will always remain a born and bred 1911 type, the Beretta 92 series is an excellent piece, and loaded with proper sd loads, an effective sd weapon.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
It can hit a standing man at 150+yards. I know that because I hit a half-man (torso, pop and flop) target at that range. I will never forget it either; and I am talking about the Army Issue Beretta. That made a believer outa me and I would trust it to do anything needed.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
I carried a 96 FS several years back and liked it but really couldn't warm up to it, after going thru a lot of guns over the years I decided the FS Berettas suited my needs better than any other, so I am back to carrying a 92 FS. I always liked the looks and they are as smooth as silk.

Snake45

Hawkeye
My son bought an M9 last winter, so I got to shoot one for the first time. I didn't dislike it nearly as much as I thought I would. I don't like it as much as my Smith 5906 or Browning P35, but it's not bad at all. They've made some improvements in the grip and trigger but it still feels clunky to me--though not so much so as a Glock.

loaded round

Hunter
I bought a Sig P227 two moths ago and I found it to be a great 45 ACP pistol and extremely accurate, but a little large to conceal. It's a keeper though. :)

DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Financial situation, some time ago, forced me to sell my Beretta 92 inox. When I did get some money again, I spent less and replaced it with a CZ 75 B Stainless, and subsequently added a CZ 75 SP01, then a Sig p226, in .40 which I replaced with a Sig P227 a few days ago. (Well the sale fell through on the P226, so have both now)

I liked the Beretta 92. But the CZs and Sigs gripped much better for me and seemed to have nicer out of the box triggers. The Beretta frame seemed like it was spray painted silver. Not the best finish. The CZs and Sigs seemed like nicer finishes.

I had an SR1911 that had the rust issue. I almost replaced it with the cmd model, but spent the same money and got a Sig C3. Have been having some timing issues with it and may need a recoil spring replacement. Quick call to Sig is in order. Their customer service has been always helpful, not that I have had to use it a lot...

Would I buy another 92? For the right money I would. But on average you could find nicer guns for the same or less $$$. Not to say the Beretta is a bad gun. Not at all. Mine was flawless as far as reliability and accuracy.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Gun genie has/had some last week and I almost bought one because the inox aren't available all the time. You may gave now talked me into getting it now. Congrats on a great accurate pistol!

gc70

Bearcat
dlay said:
I meant to ask, what do you all think about them?

IMO the 92FS Inox is one of the sexiest pistols made. The only significant complaint I have about the Inox is that the front sight is an integral part of the stainless slide. I have always found the stainless front sight, black rear sight, and orange and red dots to be difficult to use.

Tremors

Bearcat
Beretta's are one of the most under estimated and under appreciated pistols. I only wished more companies would make customized parts like they do for the Glock. I shoot one in the military and still shoot mine. I am in the process of updating it with Wilson Combat parts.

Quadsport

Bearcat
I have a 1990 model Taurus pt92. It is very accurate and a real joy to shoot! It is a little big to CC but it makes a great range, truck or bedside pistol.