Ran into a SR45 today...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well, I was looking for a .45 today. I came across the SR45. Its big, its heavy. But from alot of what I read here, individuals are still experiencing teething issues. Well, I did keep looking and kept coming back to the SR45. The grip was great! The trigger not so much. The mag release button was terrible. Well I remebered my post about plastic guns. Am I really going to buy this???

Then something cought my eye! Whats this? A Sig P226? Well I just sold one of those. No. It was a .45! Well. I picked it up and the grip was GREAT! Solid slide to frame fit, almost like a tuned 1911. It pointed VERY well. This gun had staggered magazines like the sr45. Seemed almost the same weight compared to the SR. Then I tried the trigger... Ohh soo crisp, and the reset is right there, very little take up.

Ok I broke down and purchased the Sig Sauer P227. The SR45 is still in the case. This gun wasn't really much more expensive than the SR45...

IMAG0109_zps7adf9277.jpg

IMAG0111_zpsbc3f878a.jpg

RioGrande481

Bearcat
The SIG P220, which the P227 is based on, is a great gun. I own two.

Call me old fashioned, but I like the SIG DA/SA system.

Well. I thought I had all my .40s sold. The Glock 23 sale was finalized, but the Sig P226 fell through, so I still have it. I may just keep it... My P227 will have some company now.

IMAG0131_zpse958ea40.jpg

IMAG0132_zpsacf24fab.jpg

Rabon

Single-Sixer
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Well, I was looking for a .45 today. I came across the SR45. Its big, its heavy. But from alot of what I read here, individuals are still experiencing teething issues. Well, I did keep looking and kept coming back to the SR45. The grip was great! The trigger not so much. The mag release button was terrible. Well I remebered my post about plastic guns. Am I really going to buy this???

Then something cought my eye! Whats this? A Sig P226? Well I just sold one of those. No. It was a .45! Well. I picked it up and the grip was GREAT! Solid slide to frame fit, almost like a tuned 1911. It pointed VERY well. This gun had staggered magazines like the sr45. Seemed almost the same weight compared to the SR. Then I tried the trigger... Ohh soo crisp, and the reset is right there, very little take up.

Ok I broke down and purchased the Sig Sauer P227. The SR45 is still in the case. This gun wasn't really much more expensive than the SR45...

IMAG0109_zps7adf9277.jpg

IMAG0111_zpsbc3f878a.jpg
Sig claims the 14 round factory magazines for the 227 will be available around mid summer.

Jim Puke

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
This gun wasn't really much more expensive than the SR45...
In my area, the 227 goes for a 100% premium over the SR45...

Kind of like comparing apples and oranges.

But, I don't care for either of them.