LCP 380 slide lock hard to engage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

drachen

Bearcat
Just picked up a LCP 380. I noticed the slide lock is a bear to engage. With a great amount of effort and pain, I can engage it once and then my finger is to sore to do it again. Is this common and are others having the same pain with their fingers as I am having? Ouch!

8905c

Bearcat
drachen -

The slide lock on my LCP was stiff and difficult to engage at first, but became easier to operate after I used the gun some.

8905c

drachen

Bearcat
Just an update. I put through 100 rounds last night, cleaned and oiled it today and it is much easier to engage the slide lock. That or my callous has toughened up.

Illini_Glock

Bearcat
I just picked up an LCP. I find it hard to lock back also but haven't shot it yet. I did disassemble it, clean it and reassemble. I'm going to put some rounds through it later.

A follow up question I'm not sure about. Should the slide lock back after the final round clears?

drachen

Bearcat
Illini_Glock said:
I just picked up an LCP. I find it hard to lock back also but haven't shot it yet. I did disassemble it, clean it and reassemble. I'm going to put some rounds through it later.

A follow up question I'm not sure about. Should the slide lock back after the final round clears?

Hi, after I put around 200 rounds through it and oiled the lock, it is much more manageable to engage the lock. Oil it and work in the oil by moving the lock. On your other question, it the slide is NOT designed to lock back after the last round. The gun did shoot well though.

Illini_Glock

Bearcat
Thanks Drachen. .380 is difficult to find here but I did put some HPR JHP's through it this afternoon. Like the way it shoots but that slide lock is difficult to work. I'm certain that it will loosen up with time and use.

ammo dave

Bearcat
The slide lock on my 1st generation LCP was stiff but manageable. My 2nd generation was very difficult to move even with the slide removed. I finally just removed the slide lock and polished away all the machining marks on the lock and the dovetail in the frame insert and now it's much more manageable.