LC9 Review . . . 2a

Help Support Ruger Forum:

modrifle3

Buckeye
So after my indepth review of the LC9, I found a few things that needed addressed.

So a quick call the Prescott and Monday, off she went. Most interestingly I received a message yesterday, she was on her way back.

If you recall I sent this pistol back with the instructions to replace the barrel and slide, fit it with Willians Firesights, the ones sold through shop Ruger and to call me if there was an issue and to arrange payment.

Hummmm, no emails, no phone calls, no cost to me!!! Always a really good thing, right??? Unless you don't get what you want. Several of you may ask why I didn't just buy the sights and install myself. Simply, don't have a sight pusher and I don't like punch drifting sights. Also, if they do it and there is a problem, they fix it. Plus they can sight it in.

So back to the subject at hand, I believe I have one of two options to consider. Or three rather.

One, this is the best customer service in the country and I will receive a pistol with all new top end including fiber optic sights and zero cost to me. :lol:

Two, they simply replaced the barrel and or slide and shipped it back. :)

Three, they looked at my pistol and said to piss off becaue it was fine. :cry:

Most likely we are looking at option 2. I started to call and find out what was done, but if I do that then I may spend all weekend being mad and still having to wait for a Monday delivery.

Stay tuned and if there are new sights . . . I will post pics. :mrgreen:

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the update.

What exactly was going on with the original barrel again? I gather that it was peening I believe but can you describe where and what you think was causing it?

Thanks again.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Highspeedlane said:
Thanks for the update.

What exactly was going on with the original barrel again? I gather that it was peening I believe but can you describe where and what you think was causing it?

Thanks again.

The rear of the barrel (squared area forward of the barrel hood), the part of the barrel making contact with the slide as it recoiled back before it swings down out of the way. My guess is that due to the loose barrel fit, it hit hits rather than pushes the barrel. Or could be improper temper. Its hard for me to speculate, but I do know that for the low round count it was excessive.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Yea that doesn't sound like a normal condition for a properly fitted pistol. Will be interesting to see how she does after Ruger gets her back to you.

modrifle3

Buckeye
So as expected the FedEx truck arrived today to drop off my newly repaired LC9.

I am sad to say it fell somewhere between option 2 and 3. No fire sight or new slide, but a new barrel and factory rear sight with a nice note explaining my gun was normal but this was done as a courtesy .... Hummm what ever. Anyway the rear sight seem to be a better fit although its size is larger than the original and it actually swelled the edges of the dovetail. Barrel fit is better as would be expected from a new barrel.

Lastly I get to the really good part, included in the return box was a test target. 5 rounds and 10 yards, total group size, 1.5". Three of these were less than 3/4" .... I am very impressed.

I didn't have time to really shoot it, but one quick magazine proves it is a shooter.

I think this little pistol is a keeper.

Tremors

Bearcat
Its cool they replace your parts. It is not hard to put the fire sights on. You only need a file.