LC9. Galloway trigger bar installed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

meshugunner

Single-Sixer
I've had this gun for about a year. I really liked everything about it except the angle of the trigger break which felt awkward. (Oh and the safety which seems superfluous on a DAO gun) I never minded the long pull or reset nor the fact that it broke when right against the frame but the trigger angle was quite far from vertical and I had to struggle not to crank it off target.

I finally got and installed one of Galloway's new trigger bars which is a simple drop in (their previous version required modifying the hammer which I didn't care for) and the trigger breaks at just about the vertical position, perhaps 1/4" from the frame with a nice crisp feel. I took it down to the range and got some nice tight groups, several 2" @ 10yds. In my hands this gun feels really sweet. The DA pull is still well over 1" and I feel confident carrying it with the safety off.

YMMV but I really love this little pistol with the modified trigger, almost as much as my j frame, and that's saying a lot. It's not a cheap part, about $50 inc shipping which seems like a lot for what looks like a simple piece of stamped sheet metal, but I think Galloway put a lot of development time into this mod. In any case, the improvement in the action was worth the money to me.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Good to hear, I am getting the complete kit once my LC9 comes back from Ruger.

meshugunner

Single-Sixer

groberts

Single-Sixer
meshugunner said:
bwraven said:

Hmm. Looks like they are only selling it as part of a kit. Galloway is a mom & pop operation and I have found them friendly and helpful on the phone. It's worth a phone call to see if they will sell you just the trigger bar.

What a crock! I hope it kills their sales. The trigger bar looked like a heck of a thing to do and I was looking forward to doing it. But forcing me to spend another $60 on a few springs I don't even want is horsepuckey.

modrifle3

Buckeye
It's actually a revised trigger, bar and reduced power springs. The complete kit is needed to work and be 100% Besides it drops pull another 15%

groberts

Single-Sixer
The old kit allowed you the choice of just reducing trigger length and leaving pull alone. Next thing you know they'll force you to buy that fancy colored trigger as well and jack up the price even more.

meshugunner

Single-Sixer
Galloway has had trouble keeping their trigger bars in stock due to demand. It took me 6 months to catch the right time to buy one. It may simply be that they want to ensure that they can supply these trigger bars to customers who buy the complete kit. This is a free market system. It's their stuff and they can sell it as suits them. Since I do a bit of metal work from time to time, I had thought I would buy a stock trigger bar and modify it myself but last I looked, Ruger won't sell the trigger bar except as part of a complete pistol.