LC9 Failure to eject

Help Support Ruger Forum:

metgolf

Bearcat
Good day everyone. I have an LC9 that has developed a problem with a failure to eject after one or two shots. I have cleaned the gun and lubricated it. This has only occurred the last 2 trips to the range. Not sure if it maybe the ammo, presently using Winchester white box 9mm. also, I have noticed that after firing and letting the trigger reset there is no audible or perceptible clicks, so I'm not sure that that maybe causing the problem as there is no reset or ??. Has anyone else had this problem? any advice is welcome. I have emailed Ruger this email also.
Thanks, Mike

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
There have been problems with Winchester White Box. In bargain ammo, PMC & Speer Lawman are better bets. Order from Midway or Natchez.

metgolf

Bearcat
Ok, I called Ruger yesterday and talked to a service rep and described my issues and they said it would be covered under warrantee. I had noticed that the extractor on the slide was gone, there was a big void where it used to be. Not sure when it occurred. They emailed me a shipping label that covers shipping FedEx both directions with insurance. So I packaged up the LC9 and drove to the nearest FedEx hub (20 miles from my house). They gave me a tracking number so I will see when it arrives to Ruger. I will follow-up when it returns to let everyone know how it turns out. They were the nicest people to talk to and really seemed to care about their customers and customer service.

Tremors

Bearcat
That's funny its not ejecting because there is no ejector. That sounds like something I would do. Ruger must be a good company if they are still willing to fix it for you.

Rabon

Single-Sixer
Tremors said:
That's funny its not ejecting because there is no ejector. That sounds like something I would do. Ruger must be a good company if they are still willing to fix it for you.
I would find it rather strange if they wouldn't repair one of their guns if the parts fell off. :lol:

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Current thread also about a blown SR9c extractor. What is going on here? I thought Rugers were sturdy and didn't do this kind of thing!