SR40C problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

db77

Bearcat
Well i bought my sr40c a year after buying the full size and having a great experiance with it. Now with the compact i am having issues with the camblock pin sliding out of the frame while firing and the front of my feed ramp is just hammered from the last trip to the range. Ruger wants me to send it back for inspection and repair. I removed the magazine disconnect from the slide, should i put it back before shipping to them for repair?

Rei40c

Blackhawk
db77 said:
Well i bought my sr40c a year after buying the full size and having a great experiance with it. Now with the compact i am having issues with the camblock pin sliding out of the frame while firing and the front of my feed ramp is just hammered from the last trip to the range. Ruger wants me to send it back for inspection and repair. I removed the magazine disconnect from the slide, should i put it back before shipping to them for repair?

Up to you I don't think it would be a problem left out. But expect them to add another before shipping it back. My understanding is they have a checklist of the condition a "ready" gun must be in before shipment. The Mag disconnect is on the list. I'm sure they are familiar with getting guns back with them removed by now.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I would go ahead and put it back in. They might try to charge you for it, and its one less thing for the factory tech, who is facing a deluge of guns to fix, to have to do.

db77

Bearcat
That's what I was thinking. Took me a couple of minutes to put it back in. Now I hope they can figure out what is going in with this pistol. Compared to my full size the barrel is super loose after it drops and unlocks. It moved so much the sides of the bottom of the barrel are mushrooming out and the feed ramp has been beat up bad. The weird thing is it had always feed the next round.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
db77 said:
Compared to my full size the barrel is super loose after it drops and unlocks.

Mines the same way, I think its that way by design from a reliability perspective. I always thought it was kind of the AK-47 design philosophy. Loose fitting parts that are allowed some play to ensure function. The closer and tighter the tolerances the more easily the gun could be taken out of those tolerances while functioning I suppose.

Latest posts