Question on a couple guns make and values...Arizona

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Duffy

Bearcat
I'm inquiring for a friend that has a couple revolvers and pistols that she is selling. She doesn't have internet, and has no clue as to where to begin to look on values. I'll post up the pictures that I took and ask for info on what they are, and what the approximate values would be. Sorry, I didn't get any serial numbers off of these.

Click on the thumbnails for a larger pic, click again for a super sized pic.

First up is a Ruger 22lr, I am interested in purchasing this one for myself.

Second up is another one I might be interested in for myself. I think it's a 9mm

The next two are replicas, I'm not interested in, but will try to sell for her

A black powder .32cal. with extra cylinder

A black powder .41cal. single shot derringer. The number on this one is 122 of 500

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
There is something seriously Dingy about that Ruger Standard 22 pistol. I hardly know where to start. From one end to the other that is a Chinese Kluster Flop of major proportions. I'D love to hold it in my hands and take it apart. The BBL proportions are waaaaaaay outta whack......holy moly...and it that a front sight.....

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'm no expert on gun values, but from what I do know, your friend has 4 pieces of junk.

At the very least, I'd be afraid to shoot any of those 4 pistols.

The Ruger looks to be in rough shape. Possible refinish? And the sight. Around $150 best case.
The Bernardelli (Model 60)is in .380 ACP. Value would be in the $200 to $250 range depending on condition. They did not make in 9mm.
The CVA Wells Fargo is around $200 to $250 as seen.
The derringer I could not find without a make. Could be CVA? I seen those type sell for around $100 to $150.

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
I normally would not be negative about anyone's stuff and I apologize for any unintended insult but man I agree, the Ruger has something seriously butchered on the barrel. If you lined up that rear sight with the front one you'd be shooting in the air at about a 30* angle I think. Might be excellent parts guns though so not a total bust.

Duffy

Bearcat
I agree on the 2 black powder guns not being worth much. Being a reproduction, they are not very good quality. They are more of an ornamental piece
Her husband (now deceased) I think did an at home reblue on the ruger. I guess he dabbled in gun smithing. I figured on $2-300 for the two pistols.
Thanks for the heads up on aproximet values
I'll let her know on the black powder guns so she knows what to expect for them.

Al James

Hunter
If you end up with the Bernardelli, I PM'ed you a link that you may be interested in.

Duffy

Bearcat
Al James said:
If you end up with the Bernardelli, I PM'ed you a link that you may be interested in.

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to check it out a little closer

I also found that the ruger is a mark ? Either 1, 2, or possibly 3. Again, I need to look them over a bit closer. I didn't have much time on Sunday to go over them, but will set aside more time to get more pictures and info..

cpaspr

Bearcat
The Ruger is not a Mark III. Those have the mag release behind the trigger. This one has the European style heel release that came on the Standard, Mark I and Mark II models.

In fact, looking at the grip screws, I think it's either a Standard or an early Mark I. Those have the lower screw further from the bottom of the grip panel, if my google-fu is accurate. That, and the newer guns (1972 forward) allegedly don't have the Ruger medalion on the left grip panel.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Bernardelli is a 380 ACP.
The slide is marked "9 C.", which is 9 Corto, which is Italian: Translated 9 Corto equals 9 Short.
9 Corto = 380 ACP

Duffy

Bearcat
NewportNewsMike said:
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Bernadelli is a 380 ACP.
The slide is marked "9 C.", which is 9 Corto, which is Italian: Translated 9 Corto equals 9 Short.
9 Corto = 380 ACP

Okay, thats why she was saying it was a 380. I thought the 9 meant the caliber. Thanks for correcting me.

I talked to her a little bit here earlier, she has several rifles and shotguns in storage she wants me to look at for her as well this weekend.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
Yeah, the round we know here in the US as the 380 ACP wears many different names in South America and Europe.

9×17mm, 9mm Browning Short, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz - all are different names for the same 9mm (0.355-inch) diameter round we call 380 ACP.

Likewise, the "regular 9MM" round also goes by several different names depending on what part of the world it came from: 9×19mm, 9mm Parabellum, 9mm Luger, 9mm NATO come to mind right now. There may be more.

modrifle3

Buckeye
The Ruger isn't worth anything. You maybe able to use the grip and find a new upper. The .380 is a $75 gun and not worth that.

Save the money you were going to spend and go buy a decent gun.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Since the .32 is an antique weapon it can be sold direct. I would be interested at $150.

Duffy

Bearcat
I informed her of what I felt the values were, she didn't seem very interested in selling. I told her to try a gun or pawn shop to see what they'll offer. I'll just hang loose and see what she does from here.

Latest posts