LC380 Misfires

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kjdeut

Bearcat
I have had an LC380 for about 6 months now and really enjoy shooting it. I took it to the range a couple of weeks ago and it began misfiring. I could hear the click of the hammer but it did not fire. It got to the point where it misfired on every round in the mag. When I inspected the rounds I noticed some of the primers didn't have a mark and others had a very small indent, which is telling me it is a firing pin/light strike issue.

I have shot between 500 -1000 rounds without a problem and so looking for the easiest fix first, I gave it a good cleaning. Took it to the range last night and got through 1 mag, 7 shots without a problem. After that first mag it began misfiring again. I put the misfired rounds back in one by one and they all fired, so I know it is not the rounds. I have also used various manufactures.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? I own 6 Rugers and have been really happy with them. I am going to give Ruger a call tomorrow but was hoping it is something that I may be able to fix without having to send it in.

Thanks,
Ken

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
I noticed that about ten days have gone by and no one seems to have a suggestion as to what is going on.

If you called Ruger, what did they have to say? Send it in? Did they get it straightened out?

Let us know what the fix was. Having closure on problems helps some one down the road with a similar problem.

Thanks.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Ken: It is no trouble to send it in:
1. They send you a label
2. You box it up and take to your friendly UPS Hub
3. In a week or two, UPS delivers your repaired pistol back to you.

The LC9 has a high speed hammer. I suspect that there is grime or obstruction in the firing pin channel. Let us know what the fix was if you find out :?:

Latest posts