LCP - anyone have trouble with HPs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Hollow points is all I have for my 380, never a hiccup.

On other semi-autos, some find the hollow point may snag on the top (lip?) of the mag and opening that up just a tiny bit may help.

Thanks, I'll try that. These are Winchester 90 grain. All I've used so far are ball for practice. I've put around 200 rounds thru the thing with no probs. Finally decided to go with something a bit more practical (tactical?) and they hang up.

toysoldier

Hunter
No trouble---never use them.

Because the LCP is a small pistol, it's always there. That's the point of having one. Similarly, I load ball ammo, because it always works. Possibly, a hollow point might have more effect on an assailent---but the pistol has to work. I prefer reliability to possibility.

flyinfred

Blackhawk
I've had mine for quite a while now...when I first got it, I had a bag of mixed 380's...all kinds.
Took it to the range and just grabbed "something" out of the bag and started loading and shooting till
it was empty. Probably had 75-80 rounds in the bag and every one fed and went bang just like they should.
This little gun has had at least 400 rds. through it and , I may jinx it now, it has never not fed or fired or extracted
as it should have. Everything! It is on my hip all day every day. Wife has one also and although not carried or shot like
mine, it also has never failed to work properly. They are just like they came out of the box. My compliments to Ruger!