New SR9 owner and new forum member

Help Support Ruger Forum:

shikano53

Bearcat
Hi,
Well after a lot of reading and looking at 9mm's at my favorite shooting store I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a new SR9 today. I am a lefty and had a CZ85 that I purchased back in 1991 and consequently sold a few years back. Decided I wanted to start shooting 9mil again and looked at a variety of pistols. The SR9 really felt the best in my grip and I decided to go with the, "Wow! this really feels like it was made for me!" kind of thing.

So anyway, I just need to clean her up and go out to the range and put her to the test.

I will let you know. :)

Quadsport

Bearcat
I bought a new SS SR9 today also, $400 otd. I ran a couple mags through it. I was pleased with the trigger and accuracy.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Bought a good one. I've had mine for 4 years and hasn't let me down. Recently purchased an SR9c and am loving that as well. Not too much smaller than the SR9, the trigger is lighter than the SR9. The 10 round compact mag I'm not so fond of, but the full size mag with the sleeve makes it feels just like the SR9 in the hand.

Al James

Hunter
Welcome to RF.com guys and congrats on the new pistol purchases! If your experience is anything like mine you will love the SR9! I shot mine yesterday and I loved every round. They are accurate, soft shooting and 100% reliable. And IMO, pretty damn handsome too. All I would recommend aside from a basic fieldstrip/cleaning is to make sure and clean the striker and its channel. Let us know how you like em after you make it to the range!