Help with My Ruger SR22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

anthonyolds

Bearcat
I have had this pistol for a few months now I bought it just have a little fun. The first day I took it out I fired one magazine with no problems then I kept getting failure to eject and failure to feeds and sometime the trigger would act funny and when I pulled it all the way back I got no response. I have used about ten different types of ammo including CCI. I was upset and sent it back to Ruger they looked at it fired 40 shots through it with no problem using CCI ammunition. The next day I received my gun back I took it out and the same ting happened I tried hitting the magazine in hard using different ammo and even cleaning it. It just wouldn't work! I would really hate to send it back so they can make me feel dumb! Any help? I would really hate to get rid of this I seen people use this online and said its a fun little gun! Any thing helps Thanks

Arky

Single-Sixer
I would try to make Ruger fix it. My daughter is visiting and brought her SR22. I had not seen one. I shoot a single six and my wife shoots a 22/45. I loved the fact the SR was double action/single action/DE-cocker like my P90. The single action trigger was good and the gun is accurate. Her's has never jammed and we even put 50 rounds of sub-sonic through it. (these days you have to shoot whatever you can find). My Wife's 22/45 shoots anything and gets quite a few standard velocity shot through it. On the other hand my Son-in-law has a 22/45 that jams on everything. It is just too frustrating to shoot.
My single six has never jammed however:)

drfarth

Bearcat
This will be the second SR22 thread I post in in spite of not owning the gun. The reason I'm posting is because I'm doing research on this gun and really want to buy one, but want to clarify what's going on when people post that they're having problems because that would potentially have an effect on my decision to get one.

anthonyolds said:
then I kept getting failure to eject
Is the ejector clean? No gunk behind it?

anthonyolds said:
and sometime the trigger would act funny and when I pulled it all the way back I got no response.
Are the magazines going all the way in? This sounds like what happens when a mag is not locked in all the way, since the pistol has a mag-disconnect safety.

Arky said:
My single six has never jammed however:)
Not to get off topic, but how would a Single Six even jam? It is a single-action revolver. :? I guess that was your point?

Arky

Single-Sixer
Yes, my point was the single six does not jam. Conserves ammo during the shortage too because it is slower to reload and shoot

6mm

Bearcat
I bought one for my daughter and it had to go back to Ruger. The magazine disconnect wouldn't work with one of the magazines. Ruger refitted a new one and had it back within a week. No problems with FTF since it's been repaired. The only thing I have notice, when firing Remington Thunderbolts, they tend to lead the barrel. The little pistols runs great otherwise. My daughter loves shooting it. For my self I prefer my MKII Standard 4" for my main .22 handgun.

anthonyolds

Bearcat
Thanks for the help guys Ill more than likley send it back again and see what they can do! Also ammo is no problem up here in Alaska! Especially when you know the guy who sells to all the local small gun shops here! :D

anthonyolds

Bearcat
Here is a link to one of my problems! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg3LKsaJuqk
and here seems to be the other one! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKkmWTMsJbQ

RGR.44

Bearcat
I had similiar issues with mine some time ago when I bought it new. After a little while, I realized it was only happening with one particular magazine of the two that came with it. So I sent that magazine back to Ruger after making a call to them, and a week later I had a new one in the mail. Hasn't missed a beat since then, no matter what I feed it.

VikingDude

Bearcat
Hmmm, we have an SR22 at work that won't lock the slide when the magazine is empty. This happens with both the magazines that came with the gun and I have tried it with 12 other magazines that we have at work and no problem what so ever, it's just the 2 magazines we are having problems with. Still waiting for word from Ruger dealer.

drfarth

Bearcat
VikingDude said:
Hmmm, we have an SR22 at work that won't lock the slide when the magazine is empty. This happens with both the magazines that came with the gun and I have tried it with 12 other magazines that we have at work and no problem what so ever, it's just the 2 magazines we are having problems with. Still waiting for word from Ruger dealer.
Call Ruger directly. This sounds like a warranty issue.
Tel#: 928-541-8892

anthonyolds

Bearcat
RGR.44 said:
I had similiar issues with mine some time ago when I bought it new. After a little while, I realized it was only happening with one particular magazine of the two that came with it. So I sent that magazine back to Ruger after making a call to them, and a week later I had a new one in the mail. Hasn't missed a beat since then, no matter what I feed it.
Hmm Just ordered a couple new magazines now hopefully this fixes my problem! If not its time to give Ruger another call! Thanks for the help! Ill keep you guys posted

Jeffro57

Bearcat
Follow-up...
I got the SR22 back today! (six days after they received it!) this message was attached:
items replaced: magazine disconnect, take-down lever, take-down lever detent plunger, take-down lever detent retainer pin, and take-down lever detent spring.
After repair, pistol was function fired 50 rounds without malfunction.
They threw in a Ruger logo branded silicone impregnated cloth for my troubles, which I thought was nice. The pistol is clean as a whistle as well!
I should be GTG! Ruger customer service is hard to beat! j

Latest posts