Just got a new purple LC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rkcohen

Bearcat
clean it first. inside and out. thoroughly. lube it and then wipe it dry.

sounds silly, i know.

the tale of two lc9s goes something like this - i bought mine with a buddy from work, the lgs was offering a decent price, so we both got one each.

about two days later we both went to our range. using ww white box 115gr ball - we started.

his gun malfuntioned a couple of times - mine never missed a beat. so we started trouble shooting.

first thing i noticed was how dirty his pistol was and so i asked him. the blank look on his face was worth the trip!

a few days later - repeat the exercise with the same ammo and - no malfunctions...

just my observation....

roylt

Hunter
Wow, which is your favorite? I just got a used 23 but have not fired it yet. Bit cold here for range time. (and the 2 foot of snow)

hellokittyglock

Bearcat
Depends on what I'm using it for. My G19 is modified for the range with ghost trigger. The G42 I just got and don't trust it yet as I have had some FTF/FTE and slide locking back issues. The G26 is a great all around gun that can go anywhere. The G30s is great fun to shoot. It's like asking me which kid I like the best!

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
hellokittyglock said:
Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly on it. I traded my diamondback 380 for it as I no longer needed it.
How did this shift over to GLOCK??????????????????? As for the OP's question the LC9 is a well made and designed little pistol. It is accurate but takes some practice with the trigger to become proficient. This is a review of the LC9: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/03/robert-farago/gun-review-ruger-lc9/

bada61265

Single-Sixer
one way or another no matter what gun, you have to learn the trigger. the trigger pull is longer than a striker fired pistol, but lighter at 6lbs than many striker fired pistols. mine has lightend considerably over the first 500 rounds or so. it can be fired with really good accuracy. personally i like to modify and improve reliability and smoothness and the lc9 is not hard to work with in that respect. the galloway trigger bar for mine was $35. 35% reduction in length of pull. several hundred rounds later and its still 100% reliable. polished the feed ramp first day i had it and i recommend any pistol have this done that doesnt come with a polished ramp to begin with. trigger parts where metal on metal rubs can be mirror polished to smooth things out without waiting for natural wear to do the job so there is another mod that can give this gun a light ultra smooth pull with no real cost if your competent doing that kind of work on your own gun. thats as far as ive taken mine as parts like light springs and hammer/sear combos worry me that light strikes may follow. imo risk of a light strike ftf is not worth shaving off a extra pound or so from the weight of the trigger pull. Ive done these kinds of mods to many different pistols, and you just look at all the mods and aftermarket for the glocks to see that many many people think even that vaunted pistol line can use some improvements here and there. the good, reliable well built and accurate (imo very for a pocket pistol) the bad, its a pocket pistol that gets mistaken for a range gun, keep in mind its a concealed carry design and made for relatively close range defense. the trigger is probubly the most difficult feature to some. to others its great and a comfort when shoving the gun into a pocket. the frame safety is a non issue imo, it is not nearly as hard to operate as some make it out to be. i choose to leave my safety off at all times, as i train with a xdm also i dont want to train for a safety on one gun then not on the other. i also think its not needed for this design. to each his own. The worst feature is the mag disconnect. lucky though for anyone interested in removing that feature if you take the gun apart to do a trigger bar mod or just polish things up in there the rail block that holds the action parts has the disconnect on the underside of it, you actually have to be carefull when pulling that assembly out of the frame that the disconnect doesnt just fall out with its little spring. in my case it did just fall off with a touch of my finger and the spring with it, good riddance. no more mag disconnect safety. summing up the mag disconnect gone, the feed ramp polished, arguably a galloway trigger bar, or at least imo polish up the trigger bar and where metal on metal contact is improved smoothness and gave it a lighter feel to the pull. I love it, gun is now perfect for what it is.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
bada61265 said:
one way or another no matter what gun, you have to learn the trigger. the trigger pull is longer than a striker fired pistol, but lighter at 6lbs than many striker fired pistols. mine has lightened considerably over the first 500 rounds or so. the good, reliable well built and accurate (imo very for a pocket pistol) the bad, its a pocket pistol that gets mistaken for a range gun, keep in mind its a concealed carry design and made for relatively close range defense. the trigger is probably the most difficult feature to some. to others its great and a comfort when shoving the gun into a pocket. the frame safety is a non issue IMO, it is not nearly as hard to operate as some make it out to be. i choose to leave my safety off at all times, as i train with a xdm also i don't want to train for a safety on one gun then not on the other. i also think its not needed for this design. to each his own.
Some excellent observations on this most excellent defense tool.

Latest posts