MK III Hunter Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wn

Bearcat
I just installed a Leupold Deltasite on my MK III. What holster is a good fit. I would like something along the lines of a FOBUS, but FOBUS does not make one for use with a sight.

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Probably have to go custom. E-mail Rob at Simply Rugged. I'm sure he can fix you up.
HIVO

TrueAt1stLight

Single-Sixer
Second what HIVO said about Rob at Simply Rugged. He's great and will make you an outstanding custom holster for a fair price.

-John

guidedfishing

Single-Sixer
Actually Fobus makes a very nice paddle holster for the MKII and MKIII wih a reflex sight. I have this holster for my MKII target that has a burris reflex III sight on it. very slick and inexpensive setup.

Fobus E2 Evol Paddle Holstr MkII/III #RU3

shoot straight and shoot often
GF

bada61265

Single-Sixer
ive seen the fobus and one or two others, one in leather, designed to fit the mkIII with and optic. Ive got a simple holster for mine that I never use and its a dust collector in my closet. i do have a micro red dot on mine now and did look up holsters for it and almost bought one until I remembered i never used the other holster anyway, lol. well its stricktly a target pistol i use at the range and i never carry it. I have 2 ccw pistols that i have 3 or 4 holsters for each. If i still hunted id probubly carry one of those. Though there was a time id of carried the mkIII as i had a MKII and a MKI that i carried sometimes when out in the woods hunting.

I have one of the Fobus holsters for an optic equipped Ruger. Barrel length is a compromise. Shorter barrels leave a lot of space and longer barrels stick past the holster. In addition, the fit is loose and the pistol rattles in the holster.

Joe Survival

Bearcat
I use a kydex holster made by a company called Black Dog. I think I paid around $20 for it. It has the cut out for a scope and it's ambidextrous. Some versions come with a low or high ride height, but the one I bought came with both.